Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel Graphics Control Panel is not starting

MPéte1
Beginner

The new UWD driver is installed successfully, but the Control Panel is not starting.

I restared my computer multiple times, but no luck. I use Windows 10 Home operating system,

an my notebook use the Intel UHD 620.

I haven't got any problems with the old drivers.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
r3un1on
New Contributor I

then you have not read the Information on Intel Website.The Intel Graphics Control Panel is in the Start menu.

you can start it from there.

0 Kudos
MPéte1
Beginner

Yes, I know. i started from the Start menu, but still nothing. No splash screen, nothing.

AH8
Beginner

I am facing the same issue. Fresh install on Windows 10, 1809 with latest Version: 25.20.100.6444 Intel UWD Driver. After first network connect, Microsoft Store automatically downloaded the Intel Graphics Control Panel but nothing happens when I try to open the App.

idata
Employee

Hello Phoenix_2k18,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

To continue assisting you, please submit a new question.

We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

by me it work.

can you make a screenshot and post it here ?

what you can test,,,

uninstall it and reinstall it from Windows update.

0 Kudos
ADef3
Novice

Same here i upgraded to latest driver and UHD control panel wont open anymore. I can tell when i click on the start menu shortcut that it tries to start but nothing happens.

Am using win10 x64 pro

CPU I7 8700

16gb of RAm

Panel worked fine until i updated, using the assistant app from intel it shows that i have the latest UHD drivers, its only the control panel that wont open.

r3un1on
New Contributor I

here a screenshot from my Control Panel.

also here it work fine

@

0 Kudos
PAlie
Beginner

why was the panel removed? Give her back! My windows 10 1809 ltsc! with this driver everything was fine! 25.20.100.6373! Please return the panel!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One post is enough. Stay with your other post:

Doc

0 Kudos
r3un1on
New Contributor I

Hi,

Panel is not in all Driver Version removed !

PCH Driver has not Control Panel. It mean Panel coming from Microsoft Windows update.

If you want the Graphic Driver with Control Panel, you must download Standard Version. Not DCH !

I Think DCH is for Windows Server and Enterprise and Workstation.

By NVIDIA is same Methode to

greetz

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can learn about DCH from this document:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html Frequently Asked Questions about Windows DCH Drivers for Intel®...

Doc

0 Kudos
CMile1
Novice

So there is no way to get Intel Graphics Control Panel other than from Microsoft Store ?!?

0 Kudos
ADef3
Novice

Even when you get it from windows store you need a touchscreen as a mandatory requirement.

As if everyone own or has touchscreens.

*EDIT* Managed to get the panel from the window store to open but i had to manually force intall the latest driver .inf to override the one windows had, then install the latest Intel update on top of it and now i have both latest update and control panel working.

0 Kudos
VVee
Beginner

Hi Mrazy,

How and which inf file did you manage to install? I tried to do what you suggested but I don't know how to manually install a file from a app from the windows store.

Could you explain that in steps to me?

thnx in advance!

ciao

Valentijm

0 Kudos
ADef3
Novice

OK, first things first, i had the issue where windows prevented me from updating because my windows update downloaded its own version of the drivers, so in order for me to get the latest update i had to do this, might not apply to everyone.

-download the latest update, then right click on that file and select extract to folder.

- go to control panel, device manager, select display, update driver, browse my computer, let me pick available software, have disk, then browse the folder where you extracted the update.

- go to the folder graphics and select iigd_dch , it will take a few then will force update the .inf driver from windows, after that just double click the update file (the one you right clicked extract to folder) so it self extract and installs the update.

- reboot, if you had the control panel now should open, if you didnt have it, go to the window store and DL it.

-Delete the folder where you extracted the update to recover the HD space.

0 Kudos
VVee
Beginner

Aha, didn't know that. I have only the file from Intel but that's an .exe one (dch_win64_25.20.100.6444.exe). So, I can't perform the action you did. Guess I roll back to an earlier version and wait for a version in which Graphics Control does work. Because now it doesn't, even though it's just there in Start.

ciao,

Valentijm

0 Kudos
ADef3
Novice

Thats the file you need to extract to a folder, right clicking on it should give you the context menu if you have winrar or winzip. You need to right click on dch_win64_25.20.100.6444.exe to get the context menu, it should have the option to extract.

0 Kudos
JFinc1
Beginner

The DCH driver downloads the control panel from the Microsoft Store, it's a UWP app, BUT, Server/LTSC do not have Store support or Store installed. It will still download the control panel, but it will not run if Store is not installed (and these editions do not have Store installed). The UWP control panel will not run either even using an edition that has the Store, but was removed from the installation using DISM. The control panel will still automatically download, but to reiterate, if an administrator has removed Store and Store support from their WIMs, it will not run.

Nvidia doesn't have their control panel as a UWP app. As of 417.22 it's the same as it's always been.

Some of us simply do not like this because we do not like the Store or UWP apps on our desktops, because our PCs are not the same as tablets and smartphones and we reject it because it's a stepping stone to only allowing approved apps and programs to run from the store in future Windows versions. That's fine for our tablets and other IoT devices, but not our desktops and workstations.

0 Kudos
CMile1
Novice

Same here !!! .. this is just crazy from Intel to release new drivers before testing them on all platforms.

During the instalation, the icon shows up in the task bar for few seconds but then it disappears.

My configuration:

Windows 10 RS5 1809

Intel i5-6200 with Iris 540

Drivers from November 5th work just fine with control panel showing both in task bar and right click menu

Any answer from Intel ?!?!

AH8
Beginner

The Intel Control Panel installed from Microsoft Store would not open anything. Uninstalled the latest Driver then tried to open the Control Panel and it started right away except telling me no driver is installed. I decided to uninstall the latest driver and control panel all together and just went with the November's last release of Intel driver. I won't be touching the latest driver anytime soon.