Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSID Revert Intel 6000p doesn't work

MHayn1
New Contributor

I have an Intel 6000p with the following details:

When I try to run PSID revert, I get the following result:

How do I resolve the issue where it says: "The selected drive cannot run this feature. Opal is not activated or is in an unknown state"? It shows that the Opal State is Opal Ready.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MikeH2,

PSID is used to issue an Opal* Revert, and then a secure erase. Normally, this is done primarily to disable Opal* encryption.

For this command to work, or be needed, your drive should be in an Opal Active state, not just Opal Ready. (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/ssd-pro-2500-series-opal-enabling-video.h... How to check the status of Opal* using the Intel® SSD Pro Administrator Tool, ~1:30)

For a secure erase while your drive isn't encrypted we can recommend using the following command: SSDProAdminTool secure_erase -intelssd [index, "1" in your case]

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A

MHayn1
New Contributor

I am not able to secure_erase the drive either, I get:

The drive doesn't seem to be responding to the ssd tool the way that it should.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MikeH2,

That's odd. You may have better luck with diskpart instead:1. Open Command Prompt (administrator)2. Diskpart3. List Disk (identify your PRO 6000p)4. Select Disk [index]5. Clean AllThe downside is, diskpart has no progress bar. But at the end, the result is the same.Best regards,Carlos A.