Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Support Asus ROG STRIX 270i gaming

MVoid
Beginner

hello all

i am having an issue with getting my Optane drive to enable within my current raid configuration on using this board. Asus explained how to make this possible under raid but after following alll the instructions Optane will not enable.

Device a manger does see the Optane drive

RST does see the 16 GB drive is connected

in the bios: RST has been enabled for the M.2 drive which is under the systemboard

i have a regular NVM Samsung drive in the upper M.2 slot which I have disabled for RST

My 2 intel Sata Drives are in Raid 0

i have tried everything. I still have the Optane option greyed out.

please help if you can.

asus claims that Optane can work under raid on this systemboard.

I am am able to get Optane to work without raid. But I want it to work in raid so I can get bigger drive space.

thank in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello FeelTheVoid,

We understand you would like to get the Intel® Optane™ Memory installed in your RAID 0 SATA drives, but the option to enable it shows as grayed out.

We would like to let you know that Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology cannot accelerate a RAID configuration, you can confirm that in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory/000024018.html this link. When the Intel® Optane™ Memory is enabled it will convert the SATA drive as a RAID configuration, it will be important to learn how is Asus* supporting this configuration.

If you can contact them and ask them how to do it, you can then please let us know to review it.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FeelTheVoid,

We'd like to know if you read our previous post and if you have any further question. We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos