Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Windows won't boot with RST premium

DProc2
Beginner

I have been trying to set up Intel Optane Memory on my computer and have had a lot of difficulty in the process. I'm at the point where in order to run the setup application, i need to set my SATA controller mode to RST premium. Windows 10, however, won't boot when i have it set to RST mode. If i switch back to AHCI it will boot right up no problem. I don't know what to do anymore, and haven't found anything that could tell me what to do, so I'm posting here. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Davin-Pro,

I understand you are trying to setup Intel® Optane™ technology in your computer.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Bear in mind that if you change the SATA model from AHCI to Intel RST Premium the operating system needs to be reinstalled from scratch. This is a limitation of the operating system, not a limitation of the SATA controller.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
DProc2
Beginner

Thanks for responding. Im not currently at home, so i cant run the support utility right now, but I am pretty sure my problem is what you said, My motherboard doesnt support autoswitching, so i went into bios and switched from AHCI to IRST. I will reinstall my operating system when i can and let you know if that fixes things.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davin-Pro,

Thanks for letting me know that. Please try reinstalling Windows* and let me know if issue persists or not. Update this thread at your convenience.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davin-Pro,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the Intel® Optane™ technology you are trying to setup in your computer. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
DProc2
Beginner

I have been very busy lately and have not had a chance to backup my computer and reinstall windows. I will get back to you as soon as i do so. Sorry for not letting you know i might be a while.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davin-Pro,

Another troubleshooting step you can try before reinstalling Windows* would be changing the SATA mode to RST Premium and making sure the PCI Express Storage remapping options is enabled in BIOS.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Davin-Pro,

I sent to you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos