Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

HD Graphics API issue?

eones
Beginner

Hello everybody.

I have a problem about graphics APIs support (for example HD Graphics 4600).

According to (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html Supported APIs and Features for Intel® Graphics Drivers ) page 4th generation processors DirectX support is 11.1 but on the other hand according to release notes on October 17, 2016 DirectX support is 12.0. So i am confused now. Which information is true? Supported APIs page or release notes?

Thanks for your attentions ...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Check out DXDIAG.EXE / display / driver

It should read sth. like:

Direct3D DDI 12

Function levels 11.1, 11.0...

Intel control panel / options / infos

runtime version 12.0

hardware support 11.1

More comprehensive infos are exposed by realtechVR's https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/directx-extensions-viewer/9wzdncrfk07l DirectX Extensions Viewer - Microsoft Store

0 Kudos
eones
Beginner

Thanks for your answer. But i really know that to buy a new processor. So i have no any panel or something like this. Because of this i want to know which page or notes say true information

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi esmaon,

Let me help with your question and in order to provide the accurate information please provide the document of the release note you mentioned. Also, if you have any processor model in mind please let us know in order to check that too.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
eones
Beginner

Files that i mentioned are in attach.

So i am confused

Thanks for your attentions.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116755 esmaon, thank you for all this information.

In this case the Supported APIs and Features for Intel® Graphics Drivers site specifies the version support for all previous versions of the API, and the version you find the the Release Notes specifies the DirectX and OpenGL version supported once that specif driver is installed. So, you should focus on the Release Notes instead of the Supported APIs and Features for Intel® Graphics Drivers site.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
eones
Beginner

intel_corp Thank you very much for your help and attention.

Best Regards..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/116755 esmaon sure, you're welcome.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos