Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

GFX on Corei7-7700k

AWigh
Beginner

I have just purchased a new laptop, it is a Metabox [re-branded Clevo P750DM2-G].

It has an Intel Kaby-Lake Core i7-7700K,Socket H4 (LGA1151) 8M Cache 4.2Ghz TB up to 4.5GHz

Dedicated Nvidia GTX 1060.

The motherboard has an Intel Z170 (Skylake PCH-H) chipset.

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Firstly I understand the integrated GFX with the 7700K should be Intel® HD Graphics 630?

I want to use Intel Quick Sync Video which 630 supports, however the software I use (Handbrake) could not detect it. I have tried Intel's 'Driver Update Utility' and it picked up updates for my Wifi and Bluetooth cards but no Graphics drivers detected.

I have checked device manager and there is no Intel Graphics device listed there only the Nvidia card. I have tried manual install by downloading the 630 drivers from Intel (Version: 15.46.02.4729) and it gives me an error when I try to install it "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software." Does anyone have any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is your processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz) Product Specifications

Yes, it has Intel HD Graphics 630.

If you do not see the Intel Graphics in the device mangler, then it is either not enabled in the BIOS, or disabled by the having Nvidiia graphics,

Check the BIOS and if you still have questions about enabling the Intel Graphics, contact the manufacturer as it is their BIOS.

Doc

AWigh
Beginner

Thanks for the response but there is no option relating to this in the BIOS.

NVIDIA does not disable the GFX card, on my old Alienware I had the Intel & Nvidia cards running side-by-side with no issue, I could right click an app and choose 'Run this with' and select either the Intel Gfx or Nvidia.

It appears this has been a known issue, I've just quickly tried the HP driver setup but it gave me the same error:

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I think your best bet is to first check with the manufacturer to see if the Intel Graphics can be enabled. I would also make certain that you have the latest BIOS from the manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos