Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Installed intel optane in error - Now have black screen for 60 sec on boot

JRaat
Beginner

Been having a very bad day thanks to intel optane drivers. Brand new build running windows 10 x64, MSI z270 m7, and i7 7700k, samsung 960. I have no optane drive and don't intend on using optane. Mindlessly installing every driver on MSI web site for the system board and I must have installed intel optane and intel rapid storage technology. Safe mode boots and intel optane does it's thing ruining my partitions. After this I cant boot, have no idea what happened. Took me ours to determine what optane was and what it had done. After much removal of parititions and fiddleing with the bios achi/raid optane settings I managed to get the drive cleaned and windows back on.

This event installed some 'option rom intel rapid storage technology' starting before my BIOS. This caused a severe delay black screen for up to a minute. The option rom message is now gone but I'm stick with a minute long delay every time my PC boots. The option ROM was not on my system until installed this driver. How do I get rid of it and get my PC booting back up quickly again.

I've cleared my bios several times and flashed. Is the option rom installed in the system board or is in the CPU. If I need to return the hardware, which part would be the cause of the issue?

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DanielJackson2214,

We understand you don't have the Intel® Optane™ Memory Module but you installed the software (Driver) for it and now your system is delayed while booting up.

What we can recommend is to uninstall both of the software (SetupOptaneMemory.exe and Intel® RST), you can try that from safe mode as well.

If you have done this already and the system keeps booting up really slow, we do suggest to perform a system restore on your system (If any available), to a date where those two applications were installed.

Let us know how it goes since the only other option will be to try the steps from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options this link. (You can scroll down and click on "Reset your PC")

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DanielJackson2214,

We would like to know if you were able to uninstall the SetupOptaneMemory.exe and Intel® RST from the computer and if it is running normally again.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos