Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

2560x1080 resolution not available (HD 5500)

JAard
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using a ThinkPad X250 (20CM006RZA) with an http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-25UM58-P-ultrawide-monitor LG 25UM58-P monitor connected via a https://www.astrumworld.com/sa/en/display-adapters/314-mini-display-hdmi.html Mini Display HDMI Adapter.

I am only able to select 1920x1080 as an available resolution on the monitor, and when attempting to create a custom resolution it indicates that there is insufficient bandwidth.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I have now purchased a monitor and adaptor I am unable to use.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

For reference:

I have an Acer laptop with HD5500 connected straight via HDMI to an LG 26UM66

Bandwidth is sufficient.

I guess your system is confused by the adapter.

Did you try a miniDP-DP connector?

Otherwise try different driver versions. Generic or from manufacturer.

0 Kudos
JAard
Beginner

Thank you for your comment.

I am, to be honest, worried that it is an adaptor issue due to the fact that the adaptor was very expensive and is non-returnable. Due to this, I do need to make sure that I examine other options before acquiring further hardware.

I have updated the driver, but was unable to use the Generic driver (which is far more recent), as the Lenovo system refused to install the Intel driver.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
JAard
Beginner

Hi Stefan,

Thanks again for your help, and follow up. I'm away from the computer until later this week. When I return I shall try the driver update.

The adapter I bought here was the equivalent of 33 Euros!

0 Kudos
JAard
Beginner

Hi Stefan,

I finally got a chance to try the driver, and followed the process as per the link(s). It ruminated on the install for a time, and eventually said there was an error with installing the driver, as it did not support the version of windows on the computer.

I am a bit mystified.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos