Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Need to Uncheck Send to TV

AJone21
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Asuspro p550L laptop and I wanted to output to an hdmi tv.

I bought an HDMI cable and hooked the cable up to the laptop and the TV.

I then right-clicked and in my intel graphics options there was an option to send to the TV

I clicked that and my laptop's screen went blank. How do I get my laptop to display to the built in display

by default and not the HDMI TV when I plug in the HDMI cable? I looked in graphics settings and options, but

couldn't find an option related to it. Let me know. Could I just restore options to default somehow?

Also the HDMI out is not working, but that is another problem more easily solvable if I can just duplicate

my laptop's display to the HDMI and then try resolutions etc until I can find a suitable one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Some possible solutions:

• Windows* key + P. You may need to press them a few times to cycle through the options.
  • Restore Intel® HD Graphics Defaults F8.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew

Do you see anything on the TV when you plug in the HDMI cable or is it blank as well?

If you can see your desktop you should be able to set the output to Clone by right clicking on the desktop, click Graphic Properties, click Output To, click Clone or Extend displays, and then click the laptop display + TV option.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
AJone21
Beginner

unfortunately no.As my the last sentence in my original reply discussed the tv is not displaying an image from my laptop. I need a means of ensuring that when I plug in the hdmi cable my laptop's screen doesn't go blank.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Some possible solutions:

• Windows* key + P. You may need to press them a few times to cycle through the options.
  • Restore Intel® HD Graphics Defaults F8.
0 Kudos
AJone21
Beginner

that worked unfortunately my graphics card doesn't seem to support a resolution the tv can display.

Its a rather old hd tv so might be 480p. can i set a custom resolution for it?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You can try the CustomModeApp at C:\Windows\System32\

Bear in mind that setting up custom resolutions may or may not work depending on the resolutions and refresh rates supported by the display.

0 Kudos