Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14532 Discussions

problem with Intel I5-3470 VT support?

杰谢
Beginner

I already enabled Intel Vituallization Tech In BIOS Advanced Settings, but on my VMware workstation 10 Guest Machine- Ubuntu, when I modprobe kvm-intel, "Operation not supported" occured, dmesg shows "Hardware not support", which is same as redhat 6.4.

And I have checked the vm settings of CPU. I tried on another host with Intel core i5-3230M CPU, it's the same.

My host is Win7 64-bit Operation System.

Can Someone provide some advice ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

JackXie, could you please provide me the model number of your motherboard or the system you are using? I would like to replicate this issue, but I need all the information you could provide me.

A detail description of the behavior will be helpful.

0 Kudos
杰谢
Beginner

motherboard : Intel H65

HOST OS - Win7 64bit Ultimate

CPU - Intel Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz

RAM - 8GB

TOOL - VMware workstation10

Guest OS - Ubuntu10.04 desktop 64bit,

Now I want to run another virtual machine with kvm on Ubuntu10.04, So I need to modprobe kvm-intel on Ubuntu10.04,

but as I said, "Operation not supported" occured, dmesg shows "Hardware not support".

I already enabled Intel Vituallization Tech In BIOS Advanced Settings.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information Jackie. I'm going to set up a lab in order to try to replicate this behavior.

I'll keep you posted

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

JackXie, I would like to inform you that we are still working on this issue.

Once we have an update I will let you know.

We found this information on VMware communities https://communities.vmware.com/message/2278512 Enable VT-x switch for HOST | VMware Communities

0 Kudos