Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

How do I increase my dedicated video memory for my Intel G41 Express Chipset?

YMage
Beginner

Hey Guys,

I want to know how to increase dedicated video memory on Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset as there is no option for this in my BIOS.

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Display Memory: 1326 MB

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

Shared Memory: 1262 MB

System Model: G41MT-ES2L (Gigabyte)

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Check out:

0 Kudos
YMage
Beginner

I tried this solution:

Dedicated Memory Reporting

The graphics driver now reports some amount of fictitious "dedicated" graphics memory to the operating system (128MB by default) to work around applications issues in a number of games. These games incorrectly look for some amount of "dedicated" graphics memory because they weren't coded with the unified memory architecture for processor graphics.

The amount reported can be modified or disabled if desired by changing the following registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\GMM, create a REG_DWORD value named "DedicatedSegmentSize". The value is interpreted as number of MB to report (0-512MB). A value of 0 disables reporting the dummy memory segment. If the registry key/value is not found, the driver will report the default 128MB

But it didn't work for me. Please help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please refer to my previous input, if you are not able to increase the memory from your BIOS I am afraid that there is no possibility to increase it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
YMage
Beginner

Ok, here is my BIOS. Can you help me please?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As was answered in post # 4 by Amy, if there is no setting in the bios to set video memory, then there is no setting. If you have further questions, contact gigabyte support and ask them about THEIR BIOS.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Al_Hill thank you for your input.

/thread/109891 YoussefMaged, thanks for the picture. I do not see any setting to increase the video memory, so I am afraid that there is no possible way to change it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello YoussefMaged,

In most cases, the computer manufacturer has already configured the system to use the maximum amount of graphics memory that is possible for your particular computer model. Sometimes you can change these values through BIOS level, if there are no options available in the BIOS then is not possible to change it. I would recommend checking with your computer manufacturer if there are tips on increasing the amount of graphics memory for your computer model.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
mjans4
Beginner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSz0FjejMdQ How to increase dedicated video memory in intel g41 - YouTube I hope this helps

0 Kudos