Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Last drivers for Intel Core i5 Skylake

NVavi
Beginner

Hi guys. I installed Intel Core i5 Skylake. I can't find a drivers for the processor on the website.

I only see drivers for the integrated graphics. Windows 10 automatically install a driver released in 2009. So now all the drivers for the CPU outdated and from Microsoft.

I would like to install the latest driver on the processor but cant find them. Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, wawnick,

Could you please let me know your processor model? If you have that information available you can filter it here; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software to get the latest Intel® HD Graphics drivers.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
NVavi
Beginner

Hi, Amy. I have i5 6500. But there is only the driver for the graphics. But I have external video card. There are no other drivers for the CPU?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The CPU does not actually need drivers, the Chipset driver should take care of the communication the between the components and the motherboard. Others drivers might be needed for specific communication, but the processor itself does not need one in specific.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/109950 wawnick, hope the information posted above helped you.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos