Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Rectified Color Calibration Artefacts

LSchl
Beginner

I observe calibration artifacts in the rectified color video stream. I recently ran the latest RealSense calibration program and this had no observable effect on the rectified color stream, though it did tell me that the depth stream needed recalibrating, which I applied. It appears that that program does not affect the color stream, is that correct? Does Intel offer support for correcting the color image calibration? This seems like a necessity that may be missing.

I am using the R200 camera.

Fixing this is necessary for (accurately) performing tasks such as RGB-D visual odometry.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Llschloesser,

Thank you for contacting us.

I just want to let you know that unfortunately we do not have a solution for calibrating the RGB stream.

But we really appreciate your post, and I'm gonna pass this information to the team in charge to consider it.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Llschloesser,

Thank you for contacting us.

I just want to let you know that unfortunately we do not have a solution for calibrating the RGB stream.

But we really appreciate your post, and I'm gonna pass this information to the team in charge to consider it.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

On a post on the old RealSense forum about this same problem on 5 Dec 2016, Intel staff Jesus L Garcia posted a link on the Intel website for a Camera Calibrator for the R200.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24958/Intel-RealSense-Camera-Calibrator-for-Windows- Download Intel® RealSense™ Camera Calibrator for Windows*

Edit: Llschloesser, re-reading your post, I see you had already used a calibrator. Was it the above program? If so, I apologize.

Edit 2: Adjusting an RGB color stream with the RealSense camera is apparently possible but difficult. A posting on the forum for the open-source RealSense SDK, Librealsense, stated: "Mapping depth to an unrectified RGB stream is possible, but requires building an interpolated inverse table".

0 Kudos