Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Dual monitor setup, not working properly, HD 530

GKyri1
Beginner

Hello,

I have the following setup:

Motherboard: Asus H170-Pro

CPU: i3 6100

I have 2 monitors

Dell U2414H (1920x1080@60Hz) using HDMI

LG W1943 (1360x768@60Hz) using DVI

Windows 10 64bit with the latest Intel drivers & Linux Manjaro

On linux the monitors work perfectly. The problem lies on windows.

When windows boots up, the second monitor (LG) does not power on. Windows cannot find it even if I manually search for it.

It can only be detected by the Intel Control Panel.

When the second monitor gets detected by the Intel control panel, the vertical refresh rate of the Dell monitor drops from 60Hz to 35.

If I change the refresh rate, does not matter if from the intel control panel or from windows, the outcome is the same, the second monitor goes out of range (it says on the screen out of range 82.8Khz / 104Hz) and I cannot do anything to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ravendark,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Are you using the onboard video or you have a video card installed?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS and drivers update, you can download the latest graphics driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?product=88345

I suggest to uninstall the older version and to install this latest driver version.

When you install the latest graphics driver from the link above right click on the desktop and click the Intel® graphics properly once it is open press on your keyboard to set it to defaults.

If the driver update does not solve the issue please try the following:

Make sure you have a good power supply that provides enough power to your entire system.

Try different cable or try the cable in another system

Test the monitor with another system if it is possible

If nothing works, power off your system and unplug the power cable from your outlet, make sure the monitor power is off and unplug as well, leave it like that for few minutes and then connect everything back on again.

Check and see how it goes after you plug you components back.

If nothing works, I suggest to contact your motherboard's manufacturer for proper dual monitor set up.

I hope this can help

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
GKyri1
Beginner

Nevermind...

The solution was to reset the second monitor to factory defaults...

Now it works ok

Thank you.

idata
Employee

Thank you for letting me know and I'm glad that your system now is up and running.

Best wishes,

Ivan.

0 Kudos