Items with no label
3335 Discussions

how to save images by using SetFileName() without compression

GWANG20
Beginner

Hi all,

Now i am working on save real sense R200 camera streaming images. but i encountered a problem. i tried to use the SetFileName() function to save rgb images and

depth images. and i thought it is compressed by default. but i want to save without compress.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Intel\RSSDK\FileRecording]"DisableH264Compression"=dword:0"H264_QPI"=dword:8"DisableLZOCompression"=dword:0

the above information is from realSense R2 document , the chapter File Compression(experimental). i set DisableH264Compression"=dword:1, "DisableLZOCompression"=dword:1. which i thought should disable the compression. but after i store the image to file, then playback the image. the content is different. i go over every pixel and check the pixel value before record and after read back. So i thought maybe compression lead to some information loss.

does anyone have idea about that?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Crowe,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel RealSense Platform.

We appreciate all the information provided, we would like to investigate a little bit more and as soon as we find useful information we'll let you know.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Crowe,

Thanks for your patience. As you have mentioned, setting the "DisableH264Compression" and "DisableLZOCompression" to 1 will disable the compression, and noted that setting "H264_QPI" to 0 would be the minimum compression. Additionally, disable the compression imposes huge burden on the system and this requirement makes most spinning disks and certain slow SSD inapplicable for file recording, also, this feature is experimental so it is not fully supported and may have bugs.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos