Items with no label
3335 Discussions

R300 DCM installation problems

FLeac
Novice

I have an Acer Aspire V Nitro with an integrated SR300

i7 6700 HQ - 16GB DDR4 - NVIDIA 960M

I had to uninstall both the DCM and the SDK but now the DCM won't reinstall.

The windows update manager fails and reports the following message

• Intel(R) Corporation - Other hardware - Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth - Error 0x80070643

If I try to manually install it, it fails at the firmware update step with "Error Code: -1"

Camera Explorer can't recognize any camera.

I tried with others externals SR300 which were used to work on this computer but nothing changes, even if it works on other computers with both DCM versions 3.2 and 3.3.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Franceso,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel RealSense Platform.

We appreciate all the information provided. We would like to know your current version of Windows, please check it at Settings->System->About. If the Windows OS version is lower than 14393.576 we'd suggest you to try to update the latest version of Windows and then try to install the DCM again. Please let us know if it helps, we'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Hello Yermi,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately my version is exactly 14393.576.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Franceso,

Please try to update the USB drivers for your chipset and also reinstall the DCM, and collect all the installation logs (from the DCM installation) from these directories and send them to us, they could provide extra information that may help us to solve the issue.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Yermi

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Franceso,

We would like to know if you still need help, also if you can send us the installation logs.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Since I actually based my own startup's product on the realsense I cannot wait 1/2 days every time I need a reply from your assistance service.

So I didn't find a way to reinstall the driver and I had to format my computer.

Currently both the integrated and the peripheral cameras are detected but the latter present this issue

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I noted that your Windows version is 14393.576. Are you using a Windows 10 Insider Preview build? RealSense and the Windows Hello login interface have been not working in the Preview builds since around the time of your build, and in last week's 15002 and 15007 builds. However, it was reported today that a fix for this may have been implemented in the latest 15015 build.

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Nope it was the latest stable release. Currently I've got version 14393.693 (released 10 days ago) https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-info.aspx Windows 10 release information - current branch, build history

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I note that it is an integrated SR300. Trying to use the regular drivers with an integrated version does not always go well, as the manufacturer may tweak their implementation of the camera in ways that make it incompatible with the external cam's drivers. In these cases, it is good practice to go to the manufacturer's support web page and download the camera drivers from there.

I had to do some guesswork about which specific model you had. I am guessing it is the VN7-592G?

Here's the driver page for that model.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6403?b=1 Product support

If I have got the wrong model number, I recommend looking for the camera drivers for your particular model on that support site.

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. It is the right model, anyway the integrated version works flawlessly, the problem shows up with the peripheral cameras. When they turn active (SenseManager->Init() call) they automatically turn off. I tried all USB3.0 ports in every context, but same problem. It wasn't like that before

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome!

The peripheral camera is another SR-300, right? Two SR-300 cameras are not supposed to be able to be used simultaneously on the same machine for anything more complex than raw data streaming. Multiple cameras are supported in the open-source RealSense SDK Librealsense though.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/612945 Is`t possible to use two SR300 or two F200 simultaneously?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

MartyG thank you very much for all your help in the case, it has been very helpful. FrancesoLeacche we would like to apologize for the delay, also we would like to let you know that in case you have any other question, please let us know and we'll try to help you.

Regards,

-Yermi
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks to you too Yermi, I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

I've still got the same problem. The camera turns off when I activate it. The lights turn on just for an instant. The integrated one, instead, works.

I know that i cannot use multiple cameras together. I am not doing that.

As i mentioned before it's the same problem presented in the other thread.

No one from Intel had the decency to try to solve it but continue asking things like "did you installed the latest windows version?" and so on and so forth losing days of replies.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you only want to use the external SR-300 camera instead of the integrated one, the common method used to use an external device of the same type as an internal one is to disable the internal one using the Device Manager section of Windows so that Windows ignores it, and the conflict between the two devices is removed. You can find the Device Manager easily in Windows 10 by typing device manager into the 'Ask me anything' text box on the bottom taskbar of Windows.

Find the internal SR-300 camera in the Device Manager, right-click on it and select 'Disable' from the menu that pops up.

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Thank you, but I tried it thousands of time. Anyway the problem is not the integrated device. It doesn't interfere at all.

You can select the device to activate using https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?filterbydeviceinfo_pxccapturemanager.html FilterByDeviceInfo function as it's done in almost every example.

Moreover as the documentations states (and at least that I can assure it works) https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_essential_working_with_peripheral_devices.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK Documentation

If the system is equipped with both integrated and peripheral cameras, the order of enumeration is: peripheral camera first, and the integrated camera last.

Furthermore It's not the first time I try to work on this computer with the RealSense. It's been months since I started using it on this pc and It always worked.

As I said when the right (peripheral) camera is activated it turns the leds on and after a few moments it automatically turns off.

At the same time the computer emits the sound that should be emitted when an external device is plugged off.

After a few seconds it is automatically plugged in again, but its too late for the software that crashed already.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you explain more please about what you are trying to achieve with the two cameras? The integrated SR-300 works fine, and you do not want to use the two cameras together on the same PC. If your aim is just to have the SR-300 plugged into your computer without it causing a conflict, it might be easiest just to unplug the external one and keep it in a drawer until you need it (e.g if you get another PC that you can attach it to).

Sorry if I'm being dense!

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

We developed an external scanner for orthopedic purposes using the peripheral realsense.

Since it's not comfortable to use the peripheral devices, during development we rely on integrated realsenses.

When we have to test on the external devices this laptop doesn't work anymore (but was used to, like the others pcs with the integrated camera we use everyday).

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I wonder if both SR-300 cameras are trying to use the same single DCM, and the internal camera is being given priority access to it, locking out the external camera from accessing it. When two different types of cam are used, you install the DCM for each camera and when the SDK accesses one camera's DCM, it apparently shuts off the other's DCM. But it isn't as simple as that when you have two cams of the same type.

Some info on the DCM says: "For testing and development purposes, multiple major versions for the DCM can be installed on a platform. During runtime, only one camera - whether the same model or a different one - can be connected to the platform at a time."

So you could infer from that that you could install the latest DCM and an older version of the DCM on your PC at the same time. And that you could have more than one of the same type of camera attached at the same time. But there is no guarantee that it would make any difference to the external cam being shut out.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Franceso,

Could you please try to connect the camera directly to a power USB 3.0 port (look for the lightning symbol) on your laptop? Also, I would like to know if you are using the USB cable shipped with the RealSense camera, this cable has been tested and rated specifically for the camera.

We don't usually recommend this, however, if you continue having the issue, we would like to let you know that other users have had success using and external powered hub rather than the PC's ports. Sometimes, the USB3 ports on the PC are not delivering enough power to the camera and an external powered hub is needed.

Additionally, if it is possible, could you try to use this camera in another PC in order to know if the camera has the same behavior?

Please let us know your results.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Yes, I tried them all multiple times, always with the same result.

Yes, I am using the USB cable shipped with the RealSense camera and I tried using different cable as well. We have multiple Realsense and I tried theirs cables as well.

As I said I have used the realsense on this computer for months. I cannot understand how it not could deliver enough power all of a sudden.

0 Kudos