Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

My WiFi Dashboard not detecting devices

idata
Employee

I have dell precision M4600 with Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN. I installed Intel Driver Update Utility and updated drivers to latest as recommended.

I installed My Wifi Dashboard 15.06 (64 bit). My OS is windows 8.1 64 Bit. I restarted the system wherever required.

But My WiFi Dashboard not detecting any wifi direct devices. I tried to detect samsung s-ii. Please help to resolve

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello MadhusudanaRaoT,

Make sure WiFi Direct is enabled in the Dashboard software and also in the other device. If the device is compatible, the software should be able to find it and connect to it. Once detected, you will be able to interact with the device using the Nearby Devices, Favorite Devices or What can I do now tabs.

We advise you to use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24656/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1*, version 17.14.0.

Use the file: wireless_17.14.0_e164.exe

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers)

If the issue persists, please consider the following possibilities that may prevent Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Software from interacting with other devices:

- Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Software last release was https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22695/Intel-My-WiFi-Dashboard-Software version 15.6.0 from March, 2013. It was supported only in Windows 7 and 8. It may not work well with Windows 8.1.

- Most of the WiFi Direct features of Intel® My WiFi Dashboard are meant to be used with devices that are also using the Intel® My WiFi Dashboard software. Since the implementation of WiFi Direct may be different between devices and operating systems, the Dashboard may not work well with 3rd party hardware and other OS's, like Android.

- WiFi Direct is natively supported by Windows* 8 and 8.1. Most of the functions that were available with Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Software are now natively supported by Windows*.