Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel AC-7260 Wifi is Slow While Using Bluetooth

ABeem
Beginner

Hi,

So I have a Dell Latitude E7240 (Windows 7 Pro x64) with an Intel AC-7260 card, and while the wifi is fine during normal use, if I hook up my bluetooth speaker, the wifi speed is very slow, and seems to load small amounts of data every 10 seconds or so. I updated to the latest drivers on Intel's site, but it still seems to do the same thing. Has anyone else had this issue? What's the best way to fix it?

Thanks,

Anthony

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello SnoopKatt,

The Bluetooth* uses the same antennas used by your Wi-Fi. This is the reason you have a decrease in speed. Bluetooth wireless technology and Wi-Fi both use the 2.4 GHz ISM (Industrial, Scientific, Medical) unlicensed spectrum, and in some configurations can interfere with each other. It is recommended to turn off Bluetooth if not needed to have the antennas dedicated to Wi-Fi for better results.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello SnoopKatt,

The Bluetooth* uses the same antennas used by your Wi-Fi. This is the reason you have a decrease in speed. Bluetooth wireless technology and Wi-Fi both use the 2.4 GHz ISM (Industrial, Scientific, Medical) unlicensed spectrum, and in some configurations can interfere with each other. It is recommended to turn off Bluetooth if not needed to have the antennas dedicated to Wi-Fi for better results.

ABeem
Beginner

Thanks for the response...that's too bad that's the way it functions. I feel like this should be pointed out in the product description because I was under the impression that I could use both simultaneously. Guess I'll use a USB Bluetooth dongle.

0 Kudos