Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 7265 Issues

JJesp
Beginner

Hi all,

As many others in these forums I have issues with my Lenovo branded laptops using Intels 7265 wifi NIC, how ever most are all relating to Windows 10, I still use Windows 7 Pro.

I cannot seem to install 18.40 drivers, when I do, the installation process completes without errors, but driver isn't changing, no matter what version I had previous.

Tested with the 17.x driver, update to 18.40 will update the software, but not the drivers, no matter if I use Lenovos system update tool or the drivers found here.

Latest version I can install that would update the drivers is 18.33

I get BSOD with 7E or 1D (or is it D1), all related to NDIS.sys or the NETWFW02.sys

I can get it stop casting BSOD by disabling the WiFi, but that wont do us much good when working from home where WIFI would be used.

All affected machines are at latest BIOS. Intel management firmware is also latest. All windows security patches have been installed.

None of the posts I have read here mentions much about the environment, so heres my specs, hoping someone can help me out:

2,4ghz networks only. Fixed channel, multiple APs with same channel and SSID

Current driver: 18.33

Files: bdupflt.sys (Bitdefender filter driver), netwfw02.sys, netwfw02.dat, vwifibus.sys

Machine: Lenovo T550, 20CK

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

ZeleD,

In this particular case, the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software package you donwloaded is version 18.40.0, however, the driver version for the for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 in this package is the 18.33.0.1. You may confirm this piece of information here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005559.html Information on Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Driver Version by OS

Regarding this adapter, did this comuputer come with it installed by factory or was it installed as an upgrade?

In situations like this one presented here, there are reports from other users that a clean installation of the drivers would resolve the BSOD issue. You are welcome to try a clean installation and then let us know if this worked for you.

1. Download and save the latest driver version as found in this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25835/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=75439 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* according to your OS architecture 32 or 64 bit

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall the current "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

6. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Please, let us know if the clean installation helped you to resolve this situation.

0 Kudos
JJesp
Beginner

The hardware is a factory installed.

I have tried the clean install option with 18.40 software, and the result would be that the software installs fine, but the drivers remain uninstalled, and the device will be placed n the other device group with no avail drivers.

Removing the "networkcontroller", and rescan for hardware changes, will find the device, but no drivers avail.

If the drivers are at factory image version, which is 17.x, running the 18.40 install, will not update drivers either.

At this point it seems like the 18.40 software contains no drivers.

From the link provided I found this note, which is quite odd:

PROSet software version = 18.40.0

Driver version = 18.40.0.9 for Windows 7 for 18260, 8260, 17265, 7265, 3165, 7260, and 3160.

Driver version = 18.33.0.1 for Windows 7 for 7265, 7260, and 3160.

So the 18.40 software should contain a 18.40.0.9 AND a 18.33.0.1 driver for my 7260/7265 card, if I read the note correctly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ZeleD,

Thank you for your valuable observation. We have reported to the Web administrators to analyze that specific piece of information.

Regarding the BSOD, we understand you did the clean installation procedure so with that done, we would like to know if you still experience BSODs. Could please tell us the exact driver version that currently shows when you update the drivers using the 18.40.0 package?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ZeleD,

We haven't heard from you in a while. We woould like to know if the situation has been resolved or if you still need our assistance. Please let us know as soon as you can.
0 Kudos