Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Missing Advanced Network Service option during install

DMcKn
Beginner

I'm upgrading some of my servers that have Intel X520-DA2 nics in them. I'm installing Server 2016 Standard. I've downloaded the latest Prowinx64 (v22.0.1). When I install I don't have the option for Advanced Network Service, so I can't do NIC teaming. I could/am doing NIC teaming with X520 on Server 2012R2 Standard. Is there something else I need to download or install?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Havic,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Communities.

While I'm still checking your concern, you may try to use the built-in teaming capability of Windows 2016, please refer to the link below for instruction.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000022706.html

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
DMcKn
Beginner

I hadn't really considered do it that way. So yes, that does work, and I will do that for now. I still find it curious that there is no way to install the Advanced Network Service options. BTW, I a couple weeks back I installed some new X710-DA2s in Server 2016 Standard and I'm pretty sure ANS wasn't available in that install either (I didn't need those features for that server so I didn't worry about it then).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Havic, I've confirmed that for windows 2016, we'll be utilizing the built-in teaming capability of Windows, no separate Advanced Network service option.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos