Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel® Server Board SE7520BD2 ошибка памяти

АНечи
Beginner

Добрый день! Материнская плата Intel® Server Board SE7520BD2 с поддержкой DDR2-400 памяти.

Выдержка из документации:

Eight DIMM sockets

DDR2-400 240-pin ECC Registered DIMMs

Supported DIMM sizes: 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB 16 GB Maximum

Dual channel architecture

Memory Mirroring

Memory Sparing.

Вопрос в следующем при установке 8 планок памяти (заполнение всех слотов) 2GB Micron 2Rx4 PC2-4200R-444-12-J0 DDR2 533MHz CL4 ECC REG сигнализируется три длинных бипа (ошибка памяти). При установке 4 планок все ок. Память все 8 планок рабочие. В чем может быть причина?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Nechik_uk,

Let me tell you first of all that this server board is out of support approximately since more than 7 years now so this support will be my best effort to help you.

Been said that, after checking the Technical Product Specification document for this board which you can download from the following URL http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/se7520bd2/sb/se7520bd2_server_board_tps_r23.pdf http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/se7520bd2/sb/se7520bd2_server_board_tps_r23.pdf

If you look at page 32 on section 2.8.4 it shows the memory population rules in which it states that the maximum clock frequency supported is DDR2-400MHz (PC 3200). Based on that you said looks like you are trying to install 8 x DDR2-533MHz modules which are not supported by the boards thus giving you the 3 beeps memory error code.

Hope this helps you

Jose H.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Nechik_uk,

Let me tell you first of all that this server board is out of support approximately since more than 7 years now so this support will be my best effort to help you.

Been said that, after checking the Technical Product Specification document for this board which you can download from the following URL http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/se7520bd2/sb/se7520bd2_server_board_tps_r23.pdf http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/se7520bd2/sb/se7520bd2_server_board_tps_r23.pdf

If you look at page 32 on section 2.8.4 it shows the memory population rules in which it states that the maximum clock frequency supported is DDR2-400MHz (PC 3200). Based on that you said looks like you are trying to install 8 x DDR2-533MHz modules which are not supported by the boards thus giving you the 3 beeps memory error code.

Hope this helps you

Jose H.
0 Kudos
АНечи
Beginner

Hello Jose H,

I appreciate your willingness to help me.

I have seen page 32 on section 2.8.4, but the fact that the memory modules DDR2-533MHz able to work at a frequency of 400MHz and a memory strip 4 DDR2-533MHz modules are installed and working. But if I add another 4 strips then the server returns an error three beeps.

I would be happy if there are other ideas.

Best regards, Nechik_uk.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nechik_uk,

So looks like we already discarded a compatibility issue. Next step will be to troubleshoot a possible hardware issue both related to any of the memory modules or any of the memory slots on the board. Please try different combinations using a good known module on different slots and probably we will be able to find the guilty one.

Jose H.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nechik_uk,

Do you have any updates about this case?

Let me know

Jose H.
0 Kudos
АНечи
Beginner

Hello Jose H,

This problem has arisen because of the limited number of ranks of memory on the motherboard. Memory, I put have two rank, because of this motherboard did not want to see more of 4 modules.

Best regards, Nechik_uk.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Nechik_uk for providing this feedback. I will keep it handy to share with other customers in the future.

Best regards,

Dave A.
0 Kudos