Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wireless adapter Intel (R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN says "Not connected - No connections are available" while there are. Please help!

SNiji
Beginner

Hi,

I own HP Pavilion dv6-1330ev Notebook Pc. The serial number of this notebook is CNF9414LZN. The model of my wireless adapter is Intel (R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN. I have windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Suddenly, the wireless network adapter stopped working and says "Not Connected - No connections are available" while there are many neighboring wireless connections available including my home wireless router which is close to it and my iPhone is currently connected to it. The wireless adapter is on. I have tried many things but still didn't solve the problem. I disabled and enabled the adapter many times from device manager and from network and sharing center. I uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver many times using the "scan for hardware changes" option in device manager and downloaded the latest driver version from HP website. I updated the BIOS from HP website to the latest version which was released in 2011. I updated the driver from device manager and it said I am running the latest version. I run Windows troubleshooter and it didn't detect any issues with my wireless network adapter. I disabled Windows firewall, my anti-virus, reinstalled the driver again and nothing happened. I tried to add a device from devices and printers, but it didn't detect my wireless adapter. I checked the settings for my wireless adapter under power options and it's set to "Maximum Performance" for both "Plugged in" and "On battery". I checked the properties of my wireless adapter, unticked the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from power management, and made sure that the transmit power in the advanced tab is set to "5" which is the highest. I installed the latest HP Support Assistance software and it didn't detect or solve the problem. Just to mention, my local area connection works fine when I plug the ethernet cable.

How can I fix this problem, please?

I would really appreciate your soonest response.

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello _Sami_

As we understand, your wireless adapter is not detecting any available networks, and the issue persists after trying multiple actions. Please keep in mind that this adapter has reached End of Interactive Support, so the options available for it are very limited.

We strongly advise to check on this with the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support.

We see that you have tried many actions, so we would like to point some of the most relevant for this situation:

- Uninstall your Antivirus software and Firewall.

- Perform a clean installation of the driver:

1. As first option obtain the driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support. If the issue persists, you can try our generic version 18.40.4 that can be downloaded from the following website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26094/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=50564 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* [18.40.4]

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® WiFi Link 1000 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.

6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.

- If the issue persists at this point, we would advise you to contact HP Support so they can confirm that the adapter and antennas are properly connected, and check for any hardware issues.

Regards,

Jonathan B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello _Sami_

We did not receive any reply to our previous message. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
SNiji
Beginner

Hello Jonathan_Intel,

Thank you for your answer.

I have followed your instructions and installed this intel PROSet Wireless software, then found that my router started detecting the neighboring networks including my home router. However, it still doesn't want to connect to my home router anymore and it connects to the university router successfully without any problems! Sometimes, it connects to my router then disconnects again but most of the time it doesn't want to connect giving me this message "Unable to connect to this network". I have switched my router off for almost 30 minutes then switched it on many times, but still can't connect to it. Putting in mind that my iPhone can connect to it with no problems. My router model is TP-LINK, Model: TL-WR841N(PL), S/N: 2163114006147.

Could you please tell me why this is happening, and how can I solve this problem to let my PC connect to it successfully?

Waiting for your kind answer,

Regards,

Sami

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sami,

Since you mentioned that it was working fine before and the issue was not resolved with all the actions you tried so far, we strongly advise you to contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support for assistance. Make sure that the antennas are properly connected, and check with them for any hardware issues.

Additionally, you may consider the following:

- Place the PC closer to the access point.

- Disable Bluetooth in your PC (normally done with a switch in the chassis, or with a key combination).

- Remove possible sources of interference (microwaves, electric devices, power cables, etc.)

- If the issue is only with your home network, try deleting (forget) the network and configure it again.

Please keep in mind that this adapter is very old and has reached End of Interactive Support.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sami,

We haven't seen any new posts for this thread. Feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos