Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

can not enable Optane as list is blank

JPeir
Beginner

CPU: i7-7800X

MB: ASUS TUF X299 MARK 1

I had Optane working, upgraded hard disk and could not get it to work again.

I think i did not follow correct procedures

New hard drive installed with Windows 10 64 bit.

In Bios, Sata is set to raid and M.2 is enabled, CSM is disabled.

in advance I can see Optane memory and it gives me the option when clicked on to setup a Raid.

In Intel Rapid Storage Technology I can see Optane memory in the storage system view to the right.

when I try and enable Optane the drop down list does not show any memory

Intel Rapid Storage Technology does give me the option to use the optane as a SSD Acceleration

and it does allow me to choose the PCIe SSD Optane memory.

what am I doing wrong, tried to uninstall IRST program but was unable to as it keeps say that my Sata port 5/6 are being used so disconnect all drives apart from OS hard drive still unable to uninstall IRST.

So at the moment i am stuck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Nitromax,

We understand that you can not enable the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

It seems that this could be related to a link sharing issue. Could you please unplug all the drives you have connected and try only the boot drive plugged in? Please make sure that the SATA ports 5/6 are empty.

Please let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Junior M.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Nitromax,

We understand that you can not enable the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

It seems that this could be related to a link sharing issue. Could you please unplug all the drives you have connected and try only the boot drive plugged in? Please make sure that the SATA ports 5/6 are empty.

Please let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Junior M.
JPeir
Beginner

Hello Junior.

Thank you for your reply,

I did try that before without any success, so gave it one more try, it did not work unfortunately, then when I went into my computer, I saw my optical drive was still connected, which I did not disconnect when I tried previously.

It must have been connected to port 5/6, after disconnecting it and rebooting PC, the Optane memory was listed in the drop down list.

All working now.

Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
JPeir
Beginner

Hello Junior.

Thank you for your reply,

I did try that before without any success, so gave it one more try, it did not work unfortunately, then when I went into my computer, I saw my optical drive was still connected, which I did not disconnect when I tried previously.

It must have been connected to port 5/6, after disconnecting it and rebooting PC, the Optane memory was listed in the drop down list.

All working now.

Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nitromax,

We are glad to hear that your system is now accelerated with the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos