Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Can't connect to iphone hotspot

KNaug
Beginner

I recently bought a Dell Latitude 12-7275. I also have a new IPhone 8. When I try to connect the Dell to a hotspot through the IPhone, my Iphone flashes several times at the top and bottom of the screen, and then the Dell gives me a message that it "Can't connect to this network."

I'm running Windows 10. The Iphone data is through Verizon. I have installed all Windows updates. I updated all of my drivers through Dell, and then I updated my wireless adaptor through Intel. The wireless adaptor is a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, and I have installed Driver 20.0.2.3.

Please help!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KNaug
Beginner

Additional info on my question:

I also have a desktop running Windows 10 using a RangeMax Wireless-N USB Adapter WN111v2. It has no problem connecting to a hotspot generated by my new IPhone.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello naughtok,

I just moved this discussion to the Wireless Networking Support Community.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
KNaug
Beginner

I managed to get my iPhone hotspot to work today. I went to Settings > Wi-fi > Manage Known Networks, clicked on my iPhone network and then clicked on Forget. Then I tried re-connecting normally, and it worked perfectly.

I suspect that it was really installing all of the latest Windows and Driver updates that fixed things, but for some reason I still needed to forget the iPhone network before everything worked correctly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello naughtok,

We're glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

If it comes back, or there is anything else we can help you with, let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos