Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Bad optimization Core i7 6700HQ HD530 and internet browsers

PVlac
Beginner

Hello,

I am writing here again, because in my previous question I don't have any answer (only from All Hill, who moved my question to here (graphics) ) .

So I am try again and I hope, that someone from Intel could be help me.

I have MSI GP62 6QF laptop with Core i7 6700HQ , Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 2GB and 16GB RAM (before a month I switch from HDD to WD Blue SSD 240GB - but this still not solved my problem) on Windows 7 PRO x64bit.

My problem is in the internet browsers. which are stuttering, lagging and HTML5 videos is stuttering too (highly in Palemoon browser) .

Lots of people told me, that this problem is in HD530 graphic and the Intel driver.

So, what will I can do with this problem? Will Intel fix this issue in the future or this problem is not solvable?

Thank you in advance, and I hope, that someone answer me on this question, because this laptop costed me around 1000 € and I can't watch videos on youtube or browsing the web. Before I had Lenovo G580 laptop with Core i5 3210M and it worked much better than this MSI.

Btw. I think that this problem is in bad HW acceleration in browsers.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PVlac
Beginner

So, still not answer 😞 ? Why do you avoid me? This is really urgent problem, which I have lots of months (from bought notebook (March 2017) . I wrote to MSI, Palemoon, Czech MSI support. All answered me, that this problem is in Intel driver compatibility with Windows 7.

The biggest problem is, that CPU is on 10-12% while I watching Youtube videos and temperature is on 60°C after few minutes. Notebook is still as new, so this is maybe not a HW problem (games runs perfectly via Nvidia graphic card) . So the problem is in GPU in CPU which have bad optimization in HW acceleration.

But I need ANY answer to this problem, I tried everything (bought new faster SSD too) , but this still not solved the problem.

In Palemoon youtube videos still blinking or go to black screen in fullscreen and not that smooth. And in other browsers (Firefox, Waterfox or Cyberfox) videos are better, but these browsers are stuttering and lagging when I scrolling or lagging while loading pages. And this problem is in HW acceleration I think.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SGvagon: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We are sorry to hear that the laptop is not working properly and we apologize for any inconvenience with your previous thread, we will do our best in order to try to find a possible solution for this issue.

For this specific scenario, we recommend as a first option to install the drivers provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, in this case Lenovo. Also a BIOS update might be a good thing to try, Lenovo should be able to provide the instructions of how to do that. I looked for the drivers on MSI's web site but for some reason it is not working at this moment. On the link below choose "downloads" to get the BIOS files and the drivers, and then at the bottom of the page look for "contact us" to reach them:

https://www.msi.com/search/GP62%206QF/product/1/ https://www.msi.com/search/GP62%206QF/product/1/

Since the processor is working with the Intel® HD Graphics 530, we can try to install the latest graphics driver for that controller; which is 4821:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27227/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-%3Fproduct%3D88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27227/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88345

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I have the latest bios and EC firmware from MSI. But on driver page, there is too old Intel driver (older than my laptop i think) , and when I tried this driver, I have these problems too + when I plugged HDMI display, I couldn't see HDMI audio. MSI recommend download the latest Intel and Nvidia drivers from official Nvidia and Intel websites, so MSI not edit/customize these drivers.

And yes, now I am on the latest 4821 driver, but problems still here (I saw that in release note there are only W10 fix, not for W7? ) .

A have problems highly in Gecko browsers, Webkit browsers like Chrome or Opera works better (videos no problem) .

As I told, I have problems with blinking black screen when I watching Youtube videos and browsers are stuttering/lagging when I scrolling or loading pages. My friend has got Lenovo Y50-70 laptop with i5 4210 Haswell CPU (W7 too) and hasn't got any my problem, his browser is smooth like butter (he must downloaded Intel driver from Intel website too) . I have a more powerful processor, but worse performance on W7 PRO x64bit.

Thank you in advance again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SGvagon: You are very welcome. In this case, based on the fact that the problem happens only with some specific browsers, that indicates that the issue is not related to hardware or drivers, it seems to be related to Windows itself. At this point to re-install Windows from scratch might be needed, so we suggest to get in contact with MSI directly again, in order to confirm if that is the case and to get the instructions of how to do it, and also to check if they have more suggestions on this subject or if further technical or warranty assistance is needed.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

As I sad, I bought new SSD and did fresh install Windows 7. Then I installed all drivers (from MSI, except Nvidia and Intel) . I have problem with no specific browsers, but Gecko/Goanna based browsers. There are bad HW acceleration (highly in Palemoon, where I havee problems with playing videos on Youtube) .

Did you tried these browsers on i7 6700HQ in Windows 7 64bit?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SGvagon: Thank you very much for providing those updates. Yes, I tested the Palemoon browser with the Intel® NUC7i3BNH that works with the Intel® i7-7100U processor and there were no problems with the Youtube videos or with the Internet performance.

To install the graphics drivers provided by MSI will be necessary as well for the proper functionality of the unit and to contact them for further suggestions will be the next thing to do. Remember that they customized all the features on the laptop and they have the option to enable or disable them, that is why we recommend to contact them, besides the fact that they provide the warranty on it, including the processor, just in case there might be a hardware/software failure.

Additionally, on the link below you will be able to submit your inquiry on the Palemoon support forums for peer to peer assistance on this matter:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=3 https://forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=3

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Yes, I wrote on MSI and on Palemoon too.

Here is the Palemoon thread https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16640 Palemoon not optimized for Skylake CPUs? - Pale Moon forum .

And MSI told me, that I will should switch on Windows 10 , but I would have to stay on Windows 7 now.

And you tried 7100 CPU on Palemoon? That is not Skylake well? And not on Windows 7?

I have 6700HQ and Windows 7 PRO x64bit. This combination is problematic.

Will Intel still fixing Skylake on Windows 7? I would like to know this answer, because I don't know I do not know whether to wait to new drivers or not.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SGvagon: Thank you very much for providing those updates. In regard to your inquiry about a possible new graphics driver, I will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any details I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SGvagon: I just received some updates on the research we are doing on this matter, and in regard to your inquires, I just wanted to let you know that the Intel main focus right now is on Windows® 10, and actually the frequency of updates for Windows® 7 is low by now. At this point, our suggestion is to keep pursuing this with the browser developer, the reason for this is that the problem seems to be related to their specific browser, based on the fact that the other browsers are working without any problems.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Others means, browsers on another engine (blink => chrome, opera, ... ) . My problems are in gecko/goanna browsers. I know, that problems what I have in Palemoon is worse, but I have problems in Firefox, Waterfox, Cyberfox, ... too .I can't write to all these browser dev teams for these problems, well? So you agreed, that Intel have these problems?

Ok, so I will must sell my laptop, because if these problems not solvable for "months" I can't wait all year (I have this laptop from march this year) for fixes.

Ok, thank you for your time anyway, it's bad news, but at least some news.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

SGvagon: Thank you very much for providing that information. We are sorry to hear the issue persists on different browsers and that now you will need to sell the laptop. From our side we provided the best recommendation we could for this type of scenario.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos