Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

8260 Bluetooth disappeared from device manager.

idata
Employee

I have Gigabyte H170N wifi motherboard (purchased last week) with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 module. Initially everything worked fine -- I have a Bluetooth mouse and speakers that were paired and functioning.

Today, after rebooting, the Bluetooth radio seems to have disappeared. I've tried suggestions found on this forum, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and nothing has worked. The Bluetooth radio does not appear in device manager at all.

Do I need to return the motherboard or is there a fix?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rjbutler,

We understand you're having issues with the Bluetooth® component of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.

Here are a few things to check before replacing your motherboard:

Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rjbutler,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you. Did the troubleshooting we provided help resolve your issue?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Turning off fast boot in Windows resolved the issue. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rjbutler,

We're glad you were able to resolve the problem. Thank you for confirming the solution.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos