Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

YOGA910 with Intel HD 620: External Display Problem

ROber1
Beginner

Hello,

i have a brandnew YOGA 910 with an Intel HD Graphics 620 and the following problem (tested with 5 Displays, 3 HDMI, 1 DP, 1 DVI Adapter).

On the external Monitor I have a very good picture as long as I use "Clone" for the Multi-Display-Mode.

If I switch to "Extend" as I want to use both monitors the picture becomes bad. Which means on Powerpoint and Word the picture is much worse than before, when using a tool like "Enterprise Architect" you cannot work anymore as you cannot see which icons you are using.

With my current MAC AIR everything works fine (even with no name adapters).

Has somebody an idea?

I have updated all drivers from the Levovo homepage to the latest version.

Best Regards and Thanks in Advance

Ritchie

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Ritchie1962: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities. We are sorry to hear that the multiple display configuration is not working properly.

In order to try to fix this problem, please test the laptop with the "extended" mode feature using the same resolution that you used on "Clone" mode.

Which Windows version are you using?

Could you please provide a picture in order to see how the displays look like?

On the link below you will find the latest graphics drivers for the Intel® HD graphics 620 controller, it is version 4729 for Windows® 10:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=96551 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=96551

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ROber1
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

thanks for the response.

First of all, the installation of the driver failed. (see attached pic).

And two picture in extend and clone mode.

Best regards

Ritchie

CLONE MODE

EXTEND MODE

0 Kudos
ROber1
Beginner

Ah sorry. the german text says that the drives is not validated and I should get a driver from the computer manufacturer....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ritchie1962: Thank you very much for providing that information and those pictures.

In this case then we can try to install the drivers manually:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html

Also, could you please provide a picture of how the display and the application should look like?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ritchie1962: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
ROber1
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

i gave back the notebook and will buy a MAC, thats the easy solution, because:

- on a MAC with retina display it works perfectly also with an external monitor

- We have tested this on another Lenovo 910 and the same problem occured.

- It seems to be a design problem (my assumption is that when the HD620 needs to drive a 4k display it cannot drive also an external monitor with a useful resoluton)

( by the way, also using a lower resolution on the main display did not help).

- I do not have time to try to "repair" a problem that is created by Lenovo and Intel.

- I have already spent 20 hours on this problem and when I multiply this with my daily rate the cheapest solution at the beginning would be to throw the notebook into the thrashcan (because i wasted much more money with my search for a solution as I paid for the notebook).

Best Regards and Thanks for your support

Ritchie

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ritchie1962: You are welcome. Thank you very much for letting us know that information. We are sorry to hear the problem remains after taking the time to try the above troubleshooting steps. We as Intel respect your decision and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos