Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Installation stuck on "Starting barbwire.js"

DNav
Beginner

Hello,

Every installation for Intel RealSense i am trying to do is stuck on this "Starting barbwire.js" and Windows pop a window which says: "Intel setup Software assistant has working" that happen at SDK installation or "Intel depth camera management" installation. I want to use it for Intel r200 camera.

The full file names is:

intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.1.27.2853.exe

intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe

I also tried to get Intel Support but they just forward me to the Russia support number.

Does somebody got this error and knows what to do?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
17 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I haven't seen this error before with RealSense. Previous cases of it occurring seem to have been related only to an Intel program called Parallel Studio XE. Do you have this program installed on your computer?

DNav
Beginner

This is all of my Intel software installed.

When i tried to look for a solution on google i also notice the problem with the Parallel Studio XE, but as you can see, it is not installed on my computer.

The Intel RealSense Depth camera Manager is installed on my computer but when i am trying to uninstall it i get the same "barbwire.js" error.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The next thing I would check for is whether the programs are being blocked from running by a firewall on your Windows installation. If you go to the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen (the one beside the button where you shut the PC down) and type 'firewall' into it, you will see the icon to open the windows Firewall section of the Control Panel.

Please turn the firewall Off and then try the installation again. If it still fails, switch the firewall back On.

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner

Tried both firewall off and on installation but it keep failing. :/

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My apologies for the delay, I have been researching your case carefully.

A search for information about this error produced a search result about the ProSET wireless software, which you have on your PC. Feature of this program include:

Administrator Toolkit

WMI Support

Single Sign On

Wi-Fi Protected Setup

Intel® Wireless Troubleshooter

Someone who had trouble with it suggested using the Windows wi-fi protection instead of ProSET.

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner

First, Thank you for all your time and effort.

Unfortunately I uninstalled ProSET wireless software, turned off windows firewall and it's still not work, still stop at "Starting barbwire.js".

Maybe it something with one of Lenovo softwares?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There are no references on the internet to a file called barbwire.js, but the name suggests that it is something to do with security (e.g keeping something out with a barb wire fence).

Could you tell me some more details about your PC please? A quick way to do this would be to post an image of your System Information page here. You can find this page quickly by typing 'info' into the text box at the bottom of the Windows screen.

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ok, thanks! Your PC hardware specification looks totally fine. I note that you have Build 15063 (the Creators Update) version of Windows installed. That build has caused a lot of problems for SR300 camera owners, but much less commonly for F200 and R200 camera owners. So I'm not sure that the Creators Update is the cause of your problem.

You are using the external USB RealSense camera and not one that is built into the computer, yes?

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner

Yes, The camera connection is USB 3.0 (computer side)

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A rule that has proved true a lot of the time is that if the PC's hardware specification is good enough to run the RealSense camera, then the problem is with the USB ports on the PC fluctuating their power and causing the camera detection signal to drop, making installations of the DCM and SDK fail. Though I haven't come across this particular error before.

A solution for this problem that works instantly to get the camera working in most cases is to purchase a mains-powered USB hub for around $15 and plug the camera into that instead of directly into the PC. They can be found on stores such as Amazon by searching for 'powered hub usb 3.0'.

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner

I believe there is nothing wrong with the USB 3.0 because even when i disconnect the camera the installation stuck at the same place.

I'll try to install the 2015 SDK.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Oh, yes I did suggest the 2015 SDK but I edited that bit out because I reasoned that if the DCM had the same install problem then the SDK version probably was not the cause of the error. You are welcome to try the 2015 SDK though with the link provided as long as you avoid using its web components (JavaScript and Java) so you are not exposed to its security vulnerability. Please let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner

Hey Marty,

Do you know maybe how can i contact official intel support? Last tme i tried someone insist i'll call to Russia.

Is there any specific Email or Phone number for Intel RealSense camera support?

Thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This forum is the one and only international support channel for RealSense. There is no phone support or live chat and the email is for sales, not support.

This is likely to be the case because RealSense is classified as a 'development' product on the Intel support page (i.e one used to make projects) and so problems may take much longer to diagnose than a more predictable, unchanging specification like a processor or hard drive. A forum is a good format for RealSense because it allows support agents to study an issue without keeping the user hanging around on chat or phone for a long time.

0 Kudos
DNav
Beginner

Again, I appreciate you answer.

I also tried to install in another computer:

The computer run win 8.1 as you can see, But unlike my first computer this one is not able to detect the camera,

On this computer there is no problem with the SDK installation.

I did connect it to the USB 3 port

Is it what you said yesterday about the low volatge output from USB 3.0 and i should buy a HUB?

Thank you Marty

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

R200 will work with Windows 8.1 but the R200 DCM requires a 64 bit version of Windows 8.1

0 Kudos