Items with no label
3335 Discussions

facemapping2 fails to run with SR300 in Intel Realsense SDK R3

pkama1
Novice

Hello,

I have a SR300 device with Visual studio 2017 community edition and Realsense SDK R3.

I have installed the following:

1) SR300 driver - intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

2) Realsense SDK - R3

3) Face Hybrid module - intel_rs_sdk_mw_face_hybrid_11.0.28.2787

4) 3d scan module - intel_rs_sdk_mw_scan3d_hybrid_11.0.27.8892

Facemapping2 compiles fine but when i run it, i get the error "The RealSense SDK Runtime V11 must be installed"

The program is looking for registry value "Software\\Wow6432Node\\Intel\\RSSDK\\v11\\Components\\scan3d\\" but this entry does not exist.

the registry contains "Software\\Wow6432Node\\Intel\\RSSDK\\v11\\Dispatch"

Should the program change or have missed some installation?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pkama1
Novice

so, i rolled back to R2 and the demo works.

It must be noted that i was compiling 32bit version till this morning, i happened to read here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mapping-an-intel-realsense-sdk-face-scan-to-a-3d-head-model Mapping an Intel® RealSense™ SDK Face Scan to a 3D Head Model | Intel® Software The requirement for 64bit runtime dependency of VS 2013. So change my platform from 32 to 64bit and all works fine now.

So it might be worth to try R3 in 64bit platform.

thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

V11 refers to the '2016 R3' SDK. The SDKs have alternate version numbers based on how many versions there have been since the original SDK. For example, the '2016 R2' SDK is alternately called V10.

Just to confirm: you have installed the 'Essentials' module, yes? This is the main SDK module and the compulsory one that must be installed first. The others (face, 3d scan, etc) are all optional modules. I know you said you had installed 'RealSense SDK - R3' but just wanted to confirm that it was the Essentials module that you installed. Also, if you installed Essentials, did you install it first, or did you install it after the optional modules?

0 Kudos
pkama1
Novice

This is order of installation

1) intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

2) Realsense SDK - R3

3) 3d scan module - intel_rs_sdk_mw_scan3d_hybrid_11.0.27.8892

4) Face Hybrid module - intel_rs_sdk_mw_face_hybrid_11.0.28.2787

0 Kudos
pkama1
Novice

and yes i installed the essentials package

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your install order was correct.

Apparently though, the facemapping2 author had to do a special update to make it more compatible with 2016 R2. R3 has a structure that is very different from R2, so I suspect that facemapping2 may be broken again in R3 and you should downgrade to R2 to use it.

https://github.com/ph0b/FaceMapping2/commit/b213b90604da9224adf9e6c30084d8aa2bc4f25f improved compatibility with 2106 R2 SDK release. · ph0b/FaceMapping2@b213b90 · GitHub

It may be worth trying to compile that updated version in R3 first though just to confirm whether it will work in R3 or not before you downgrade.

0 Kudos
pkama1
Novice

I did try this fork out, the program runs and loads a pre scanned face. When i select the option to scan a new face the application does nothing.

The author has disabled facescan by adding a preprocessor DISABLE_RSSDK. It basically strips out the whole registry and FaceScan functionality.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The build instructions for the original version say "There are 2 build configurations types available, the kind that support scanning faces, and the ones that only supports face mapping of a pre-scanned face. The configurations with the "_NO_RS" prefix don't support face scanning and can be built and run without the RealSense SDK or RealSense camera".

Did the update for R2 come with a version with a "NO_RS" prefix? Can you confirm please that it wasn't the NO_RS version without face scanning that you tried? Thanks!

0 Kudos
pkama1
Novice

Hello Marty,

yes i tried both the configurations, Debug_DX: has compile errors

e:\work\facecapture\ph_facemapping2\facescan\gamefacescan.cpp(25): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pxcfacemodule.h': No such file or directory

this file does not exist in Intel\RSSDK\ folder

Can you provide me a link to download all the R2 versions please? The SR300 driver, RSSDK and the other modules

thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In the R2 version, all the modules are in a single installation, as R3 was the first SDK to split them into parts (hence why its architecture is so different from R2, with even the library file names and locations being different).

I would recommend first that you uninstall the R3 SDK, and then launch the R2 download (1.8 gb) in your browser with the link below. You should be able to use the SR300 DCM that you already have installed.

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe

0 Kudos
pkama1
Novice

thanks will try and get back. I hope VS 2017 is fine or should i change to 2015?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I haven't heard about incompatibilities with VS 2017. I believe for some applications it is recommended that a VS of 2013 and newer is used. So you should hopefully be fine with 2017. I look forward to hearing your results with R2. Good luck!

0 Kudos
pkama1
Novice

so, i rolled back to R2 and the demo works.

It must be noted that i was compiling 32bit version till this morning, i happened to read here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mapping-an-intel-realsense-sdk-face-scan-to-a-3d-head-model Mapping an Intel® RealSense™ SDK Face Scan to a 3D Head Model | Intel® Software The requirement for 64bit runtime dependency of VS 2013. So change my platform from 32 to 64bit and all works fine now.

So it might be worth to try R3 in 64bit platform.

thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

That's great, I'm very pleased that you had success with this! Please do tell us if you later get facemapping2 working in R3. Good luck!

0 Kudos