Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Can't find correct graphics driver for windows 7.

TMart9
Beginner

Hi. I recently bought the HP Notebook - 17-x115dx and replaced the windows 10 OS with windows 7. The HD graphic driver that came pre-installed was the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver Version: 21.20.16.4471 Rev.A, File name: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76491.exe sp76491. It won't install any longer as it's windows 10 only. I downloaded and installed Intel's Driver Update Utility 2.6 and did a scan, and it came back with what I thought would be the driver I would need,

Intel Graphics Driver [15.45] win64_154510.4542.exe

I downloaded it and attempted to install it but it did not work. I got the error below. Any help would be appreciated!

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

I basically just have the standard vga with no controls for brightness.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello onytheflyingtiger,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

What is the processor model you have?

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
TMart9
Beginner

Thanks for replying. The processor is an Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz

64 -bit

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I can see that you try to install the latest driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?product=96551 15.45.10.4542 for this processor graphics.

The error that you get "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." It means that your system does not support the Intel® generic driver; you will need to download the proper driver for your system from your computer manufacturer website but, I think they have only the driver for Windows®10 because most likely HP validated this system and its components with this Windows® 10, you can check for drivers here:

http://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers http://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers

However, you can try to manually install the Intel® generic driver, you can follow the steps http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005474.html How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

"Windows 10 will be the only supported Windows platform on Intel's ... 'Kaby Lake' silicon"

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/15/windows-10-embracing-silicon-innovation/ Windows 10 Embracing Silicon Innovation - Windows Experience Blog

If you take a look at the INF of the driver, you will see the Windows 7 - 8.1 entries are missing...

0 Kudos
TMart9
Beginner

Stefan3D, are you saying that there is no compatible windows 7 HD graphics driver out there?

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Right, you would need to help yourself by modifying the INF and disabling driver signatures.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Stefan3D for clearing that up for us, I missed that information that is located here:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26404/eng/readme.txt https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26404/eng/readme.txt

This driver version will work for Windows®10 only on 7 generation processors.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
TMart9
Beginner

Thanks. I've never messed with INF files before. I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
TMart9
Beginner

s folder

Thanks guys, it worked like a champ! For anyone looking to do the same, here are the details of what I did.

1) Disabled driver signatures, this can be done simply by rebooting and by hitting F8 when your ready to install the driver.

2) Modify the INF file, overwrite the windows 7 section with the code in the windows 10 section.

;=====================================================================

; Windows 7 Install - DT Only

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]

; SKL HW

***** REPLACE ********

; Windows Threshold Install - DT + Mobile

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.10.0]

; SKL HW

***** WITH THIS ********

At least this is what work for me. I did notice there were a couple of window 10 sections and it was trial and error until I got it working. Oh and the correct INF file was located in the graphics folder.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Tonytheflyingtiger for sharing this information with us and I'm glad that it worked for you.

Kindly regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
pklap1
Beginner

Hi Tonytheflyingtiger

I bought laptop Acer Aspire F5-771G and I replaced Windows 10 with Windows 7 (Intel HD graphics 620). I have the same problem as topic but unfortunately your solution not work. I modified INF file, used function 'update driver' ... manually chose file 'igdlh64.inf' and Windows show me error message 'The folder you specified dos not contain a compatible software driver for your device. I folder contains driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 - based system'. Note: I used version of Intel driver 21.20.16.4552. I tried couple of different modifications but I was never possible see 'Intel HD graphics 620' at list 'Select the device driver ... '. I kindly ask you or someone for advice how to continue to solve this issue.

Thanks

Best regards

Pavko

0 Kudos
TMart9
Beginner

Hello Pavko,

You will need to modify the INF file that matches your computer. if you go to :

https://supportdrivers.info/acer-aspire-f5-771g-drivers/ https://supportdrivers.info/acer-aspire-f5-771g-drivers/

you notice there are 3 graphics drivers for your computer (windows10) so i don't which one you would need maybe just grab any one. Try VGA – Intel VGA Driver Windows 10- Acer Aspire F5-771G first i'd say

Down the package, don't install since it won't install anyway. Open up the graphics folder and inside you should find the file you want, igdlh64.inf

Copy everything from the windows 10 section to the windows 7 section so ....

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.10.0]

;Q

****EVRYTHING HERE****

; Windows 7 Device Sections - DT Only

[iBDWM_w7]

***** REPLACES EVRYTHING HERE ****

I can't remmeber if I left in the

FeatureScore=E6

CopyFiles (for windows7)

lines or not but you can try with and without to see if it makes a difference.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello everybody,

Thank you for this valuable information you all are sharing each other on this community, please bear in mind that this driver was develop to work only on 7th generation processor and Windows®10, I have seen many customers modifying the INF file to make it work for Windows®7 and it works perfectly fine; however, Intel does not validate modifying the INF on this driver, therefore, it will be under your own risk.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
pklap1
Beginner

Hi Tonytheflyingtiger

thank you very much for your help. Job done. INF file at driver you sent me link contains two section necessary to replace (I believe)

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.10.0]

; SKL HW

;Q

%iSKLULTGT1% = iSKLD_w10, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1906&SUBSYS_100C1025;

****EVRYTHING HERE****

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]

; SKL HW

;Q

and sections [iSKLD_w7], [iBXTD_w7] and [iKBLD_w7] modified as described below

; Windows Redstone Device Sections - DT Using Driver Store

[iSKLD_w10_DS]

FeatureScore=D1

CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport_DS, igfx.UserMode_DS, igfx.UMWow_DS , Opm.Copy_DS, Opm.Copy_DS_Ext , Installer.Copy_DS , CUI.Copy_DS , CUISDK.Copy32_DS , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy_DS , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy32_DS , OpenCL_Cpu_Root.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32_DS , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32_DS_Ext , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x86.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Common.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64_DS , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64_DS_Ext , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x64.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy64 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32_DS, OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32_DS_Ext , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64_DS, OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64_DS_Ext , OpenGL_EGL.Copy32, OpenGL_ES1.Copy32, OpenGL_ES2.Copy32 , MSDK_w8.copy , Miracast_W10.Copy_DS

DelFiles=Cleanup.DelFiles_DS, Cleanup.DelFiles32_DS, Cleanup.DelFilesDrivers_DS

AddReg = igfx_SoftwareDX12Settings_DS

****EVRYTHING HERE****

[iSKLD_w7]

FeatureScore=E6

CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport, igfx.UserMode, igxpun.Copy, igfx.UMWow , Opm.Copy , Installer.Copy , CUI.Copy , CUISDK.Copy32 , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Root.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x86.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Common.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x64.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy64 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64 , OpenGL_EGL.Copy32, OpenGL_ES1.Copy32, OpenGL_ES2.Copy32 , MSDK_w7.copy

AddReg = igfx_SoftwareDX11Settings

I hope it can help someone. Have great day

Pavko

0 Kudos
pklap1
Beginner

Hi Tonytheflyingtiger

thank you very much for your help. Job done. INF file at driver you sent me link contains two section necessary to replace (I believe)

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.10.0]

; SKL HW

;Q

****EVRYTHING HERE****

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]

; SKL HW

;Q

and sections [iSKLD_w7], [iBXTD_w7] and [iKBLD_w7] modified as described below

; Windows Redstone Device Sections - DT Using Driver Store

[iSKLD_w10_DS]

FeatureScore=D1

CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport_DS, igfx.UserMode_DS, igfx.UMWow_DS , Opm.Copy_DS, Opm.Copy_DS_Ext , Installer.Copy_DS , CUI.Copy_DS , CUISDK.Copy32_DS , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy_DS , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy32_DS , OpenCL_Cpu_Root.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32_DS , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32_DS_Ext , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x86.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Common.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64_DS , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64_DS_Ext , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x64.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy64 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32_DS, OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32_DS_Ext , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64_DS, OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64_DS_Ext , OpenGL_EGL.Copy32, OpenGL_ES1.Copy32, OpenGL_ES2.Copy32 , MSDK_w8.copy , Miracast_W10.Copy_DS

DelFiles=Cleanup.DelFiles_DS, Cleanup.DelFiles32_DS, Cleanup.DelFilesDrivers_DS

AddReg = igfx_SoftwareDX12Settings_DS

****EVRYTHING HERE****

[iSKLD_w7]

FeatureScore=E6

CopyFiles=igfx.Miniport, igfx.UserMode, igxpun.Copy, igfx.UMWow , Opm.Copy , Installer.Copy , CUI.Copy , CUISDK.Copy32 , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy , OpenGL_Gen9.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Root.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x86.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy32 , OpenCL_Cpu_Common.Copy , OpenCL_Cpu_System.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_x64.Copy64 , OpenCL_Cpu_Bin_Tbb.Copy64 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy32 , OpenCL_Gpu.Copy64 , OpenGL_EGL.Copy32, OpenGL_ES1.Copy32, OpenGL_ES2.Copy32 , MSDK_w7.copy

AddReg = igfx_SoftwareDX11Settings

I hope it can help someone. Have great day

Pavko

0 Kudos
MCeti
Beginner

Thank you everyone! It worked for me with Windows 8.1

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 - 5567 with a Intel Core i5 7200U (7th Generation). In my case I was trying to find the driver for the HD Graphics 620 and I found the version 21.20.16.4526. So, I extracted the file and I just changed the following on the file ki118908.inf :

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.10.0]

***Copy everything that you have from here***

; Windows 8.1 Install - DT Only

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.3]

***Paste everything from here onwards***

Following that, I just installed with the install option with right-click and then I updated via Device Manager and finally I could see the HD Graphics 620 option enabled.

Thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos
JSetz1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Hp Spectre x360, 13 with windows 8.1 and an Intel HD 620 display. Can you please be more specific? I have tried to modify the inf file per your details (graphics folder inf) of downloaded display driver. Have turned off driver signing and tried to update the display driver thru device manager, but it still only says "Microsoft basic display". Can you please send the exact inf text that worked for you? Thank you.

0 Kudos
vvo1p
Beginner

Thanks to marcopolocetina for the info!. After a long searching for a win7 64 bit driver for a week without success, I ended up to this forum and finally I get it working.

I've a DELL Inspiron 15 3567 i7 with Intel HD 620 along with an AMD radeon r5 m430.

Tried to install Win7 64 bit and downloaded the drivers from official DELL site support. No luck at all. Neither the display devices nor some other devices (eg Realtek network card, usb 3.0, and chipset drivers) were working properly.

I managed to download drivers from other third party sites (eg DriverIdentifier) and I successfully installed most of the devices, except Display Drivers.

Then I read the 16th post of marcopolocetinaand I downloaded the HD Graphics 620 version 21.20.16.4526 from here (http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2469&lang=en http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2469&lang=en )

Finally It worked, without any INF modifications!!!! just install the above driver!!!

Cheers mate you save me from installing windows 10!

Please feedback to this post if it is working for you as well or not

0 Kudos
RPava
Beginner

Thank you everyone! It worked for me with Win7 x64 on HP ProBook 450 G4 i7 7200U. It started working for me when I added two lines:

[IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.1]

%iKBLULTGT2F% = iKBLD_w10, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5921

%iKBLULTGT3E15% = iKBLD_w10, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5926

At first I just copied everything between ; SKL HW ..... ; BXT HW only. It was mistake, I realized it when I found at the bottom

iKBLULTGT2 = "Intel(R) HD Graphics 620"

iKBLULTGT2F = "Intel(R) HD Graphics 620"

lines.

Tonytheflyingtiger - thank You so much!

0 Kudos