Items with no label
3335 Discussions

VS15_RealSense.Toolset.props was not found with Face Tracking & Recognition component

THark
Novice

Hi all,

When I try to open the source file of FaceTracking_vs2015 (C++) I get the notification the VS15_RealSense.Toolset.props is missing in the folder C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\RSSDK\shared\props

After checking this, the whole "shared" folder is missing. The folder RSSDK\Samples does exist and the samples also work in combination with the RealSense SR300.

Currently, I'm using the Intel Realsense SDK 2016 R3 with the Face Tracking & Recognition component (Update Build # 11.0 and build date 26 Dec 2016). Edit: I've installed DCM driver version 3.3.27.5718

I use this in combination with the SR300 on Windows 10 x64 and I did have prior versions of the SDK installed on my pc which worked fine.

I tried reinstalling the SDK and drivers while rebooting my pc in between the installations without any luck. Still no shared folder with the props files.

The Full Hand Tracking and Gesture Recognition component does work fine and doesn't result in any error messages.

In the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\props" folder there are two props files (VS2012-15.Integration.MD.props and the MT alternative).

Any clues what's going on and why the props files aren't being installed (in the proper location) or are pointed towards a wrong directory in the source code?

Cheers
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi tiwoti,

Thank you for contacting us. We'll try to help you resolve this situation. It seems like all the configuration and requirements needed to run the Face Tracking & Recognition are met. The release notes of this component http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/9560/release_notes_RealSense_SDK_2016_Face_Detection_v11.0.pdf http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/9560/release_notes_RealSense_SDK_2016_Face_Detection_v11.0.pdf list all the requirements needed to get it to work. The only point that may be relevant is that the package requires the Intel® RealSense™ SDK Essentials for Windows* package. Have you already installed this?

The SDK R3 2016 release includes the capability of Face Tracking & Recognition, and the OS and drivers installed are Ok.

I also looked for this error and didn't find similar cases. Please confirm you've already installed the SDK essentials package. I'll look for additional information as well to see if I can find something else.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
THark
Novice

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reply. On the first install I did install the Essentials package first. On the second try I didn't. The manual you've linked to states that: "This package requires the Intel® RealSense™ SDK Essentials for Windows* package which will be installed by the installer if not already present on the system". So it should've automatically installed the Essentials package the second time. Just to be sure I tried installing the Essentials package and is says that there are no components that need to be installed.

To be absolutely sure I uninstalled the SDK's again and first installed the Essentials package. Unfortunately the props files are still missing. I've also tried opening the 2013 VS version but I get the same error message.

Is it otherwise possible to download the props files from somewhere as a quick fix?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi tiwoti,

I tried to open the FaceTracking_vs2015 file and also had an error when trying to open it. I also have SDK R3 and after looking at the file paths you mentioned earlier I can see that we both have the same files under the same locations and are missing the same folders. So, this is probably installed this way by default in the SDK and not something that was unintentionally erased or a configuration mistake.

I'll look for a way to maybe point to the "props" files so the program can run or other workaround that can be useful. If you make any progress on your side please share your findings.

Thank you for your patience.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
THark
Novice

Thanks for looking into the issue. Unfortunately my temporary solution for now is downgrading the software to SDK R2, since I need to do some processing of data.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the update. We've communicated this to the SDK team. They're now aware something's not right with the file you mentioned and they'll be working on a fix. There's no estimated date on when the fix will be ready, but we can assure you if there are any updates we'll post them here.

Regards,

-Sergio

0 Kudos
ABand1
Beginner

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem: "VS15_RealSense.Toolset.props" was not found and the "shared" folder is missing.

Is there any news about this issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All,

We are working with the development team on this issue. We don't have a timeline for a fix yet. When I have more information I will update you. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
DFerr6
Novice

Same issue. Is there no fix yet?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

This issue has not been fixed yet. We are working on a possible fix. We will update this thread if and when a fix is available. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
RPepp1
Beginner

I am having the same issue is there any fix for it yet

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately, not yet. The SDK team is still working on a possible fix. We'll update this thread if and when a fix is released.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
DMaio
Beginner

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Is there any fix or workaround available?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Not at the moment. The SDK team is still working on a possible fix. We'll update this thread if and when a fix is released.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
MShal2
Beginner

​Still the same issue. Any updates?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The RealSense forum has moved to a new location. If you are having problems, please post the details there, with a link to this old discussion page if your problem is related to it so that Intel's support team members can refer to it. Thanks!

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

0 Kudos