Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Atom Z3735f (Intel Compute Stick) Resolution Scaling Has No Option for Scale Full

idata
Employee

This is essential for such a low-powered device to allow us to utilize 3d applications that cannot handle high native resolutions on certain displays. Why is there no option for Scale Full Screen?? Can we please get this corrected in a future HD Graphics update for this device? My device only has "Maintain Display Scaling" and "Center Image", which results in a small display with big black borders on lower resolutions. This is a silly situation. Please add Scale Full Screen

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I have already installed the latest driver (4425) before I posted this. It did add "Center Image", but this does not help my case. If on a 1080p resolution screen, if the application only runs well with 1024x678, the image will have shrunken down to about half the screen, while the empty space is black. Even worse at 800x600. While it's not ideal to run graphics intensive applications at lower resolutions, it is a far better alternative than native resolution with horrible frame rates. I truly do believe this is an oversight with the driver team that should be looked over again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please provide the exact Intel® Compute stick model number and the operating system version.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the update. I have forwarded this information to the appropriate team. I appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Allan.
0 Kudos
BPopa
Beginner

I have the same issue, but with a J3160 Celeron on windows 10 64bit. I've tried every driver, I even tried setting profile triggers for certain apps. It just won't switch to anything but "Center Image". If I set the resolution to something like 1280x720 and the game is the same resolution, it switches back to 1920x1080 and centers the image.

0 Kudos