Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Intel Unite Mac Powerpoint 2016 video display issue

TRyan1
Beginner

We are having a few professors have issues with text from one slide showing up on following slides for some unknown reason.

Mac OSX High Sierra updated to 10.13.3

Office 2016 installed and fully updated.

Intel Unite 3.2 installed on the mac.

We are also experiencing a delay in audio via youtube videos.

Both of these are fine when using straight hdmi, but issues passing through the dell unite box.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Tobby.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

I will do a deeper research regarding this issue you are facing. Once I have an update I will definitely let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tobby,

Thank you for providing the information on the issues you are seeing. We are attempting to replicate these issues and will provide an update as soon as we find out more.

Thanks,

Stan A
0 Kudos
Neil_S_Intel
Employee

I am also seeing similar screen corruption issues using Unite 3.2 on MacOS 10.13.3 (High Sierra) on a 2016 Macbook Pro with Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB.

If you have a similar Mac and Unite 3.2.0, the issue should be EASY to replicate. It happens with all apps, and it's easy to see when you scroll.

Join Unite, present your screen, and do some scrolling, and you will see blocks of the screen that are not updated.

I attached an image which shows the problem. This is a picture of a large screen displayed via Unite, with a red box around the screen artifact.

0 Kudos
JPitt4
Beginner

I've heard rumors that the 3.3 software upgrade will address Mac video problems. Our Macs have similar issues.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This issue has been replicated internally, and we are working with engineering to address the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Everyone.

Please notice that we have posted the Intel Unite(R) Client for Mac OSX* version 3.3.0 that includes fixes for the issues reported on this thread.

Download is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27675/Intel-Unite-Client-for-Mac-OSX- Intel Unite(R) Client for Mac OSX* 3.3.0

Thanks

David O.
0 Kudos
JPitt4
Beginner

Thanks for the new version. It is a huge improvement! We have a few bugs to report. Where should we do that? I'll post them here for starters, but let me know if somewhere else is more appropriate.

1) You cannot connect to a hub if your Mac is bound to Active Directory and you are using a mobile account. If the account is local to the machine, it works fine. If logged in to a network account, it won't connect.

2) Performance is great on a modern 13" Touchbar MBP. It is not good on a 15" Touchbar MBP. If you downgrade the video, it works well, but at native resolution, it is very choppy.

Please let me know if there is other testing you would like done.

Jeff

0 Kudos
AGren2
Beginner

Hi David,

we have updated to version 3.3.1 but still experience the issue with all our Mac clients. Are there any further steps we could try to fix the behavior?

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos