Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Slow Speeds with AC 8265 after manual installation in laptop

PSusm
Novice

I was attempting to replace a bad network card in my laptop (Razer Blade 2017) and have noticed that my speeds are nowhere near what they should be. While connected to my router on the 5Ghz band I'm getting nothing more than 30Mbps down and 12.5Mbps, but on all my other devices I get upwards of 80Mbps down and 25Mbps up. I'm using a Netgear R7000 as my router and pay for 125Mbps down, which is what I get when I switch to an ethernet connection. I tried installing various versions of the wireless drivers from the Intel website, starting from 19.50.1 to the most recent with no change in speed. It seems like it might be an issue with a bad antenna, but I thought I would ask and post the SSU logs (attached).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PSusm
Novice

Ugh, apparently it was a setting on my router that limited speeds: https://kb.netgear.com/24307/How-do-I-disable-Wi-Fi-Multimedia-Quality-of-Service-on-my-Nighthawk-router How do I disable Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I cleared out all the logs after posting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PSusm
Novice

Per /thread/123091 this post, I've included an updated SSU with "Everything" checked and the Wlan report.

0 Kudos
PSusm
Novice

Ugh, apparently it was a setting on my router that limited speeds: https://kb.netgear.com/24307/How-do-I-disable-Wi-Fi-Multimedia-Quality-of-Service-on-my-Nighthawk-router How do I disable Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I cleared out all the logs after posting.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pski852,

Thanks for posting and sharing the solution.

This could be helpful for other users with similar issues.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos