Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Exporting RAID Information from Command Line

BAdle
Beginner

We have a fairly large number of machines in our environment running under XP with Mirroring (Managed in the OS under Intel Matrix Storage Console 8.8).

Trying to get an inventory of the various Manufacturers and Model # 's of the drives that compose the Volumes on these machines, and I'm finding no means to pull it into a log file.

I saw a utility called RaidCFG32 - that *should* allow me to dump some information to a text file, but when I tried it, the result was that it couldn't communicate to the driver.

Is there a newer utility, or a better one available that can be run in Windows XP?

Again, I want to produce a list of the Manufacturers and Model # 's of the drives currently used to build the RAID in place of our machines.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello BAWrites,

I was taking a look at your thread and I noticed that you are looking to gather the hardware information (list of the Manufacturers and Model numbers of the drivers) of the RAID build in your machines.

I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, since I am aware that our Intel Matrix Storage Console was not able to collect the desired information.

In this case there is a newer version that you can find in here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/17882/Intel-Matrix-Storage-Manager?product=55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/17882/Intel-Matrix-Storage-Manager?product=55005

This is the latest version for Windows XP however this option will not be able to gather the model numbers and manufacturers.

There is actually a newer version of this software that includes the feature of collecting hardware information, for newer OS's such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, however since the report is created by the software is attached to the Chipset that you own , we do no guarantee that it will work.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
BAdle
Beginner

I appreciate the feedback, but rolling out this install to 2000 machines to "maybe" gain the information I seek isn't going to be viable.

I'm truly surprised that there's no way the GUI utility you provide can be plied with a command line in some fashion to dump a text based report... this seems basic, and like information that a business would need to be able to manage systems without remote-accessing each one by hand. What is odd about this is that the Storage console *can* obtain the information and send it to the GUI, so it's able to talk to the system on some level, apparently it just doesn't share this in any useful fashion outside of that utility.

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos