Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

2nd Monitor Not Detected for New Yoga 920 13IKB Laptop

PLaCo
Beginner

I'm pulling my hair out over here.

I've tried to uninstall/re-install different versions of display drivers and monitor drivers in an effort to get the second monitor to work.

I currently have this driver installed

I have tried multiple versions of this driver with no luck.

The laptop and secondary AOC display worked for a day, but now the second monitor isn't even detected. It doesn't show up at all in display settings.

My monitor is an AOC I2779VH. If it has a driver I can't find it... I have plugged the monitor into another computer and it works fine.

All help is GREATLY appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello PL1990,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

The recommended Intel® Graphics Driver for your system is the Version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=126789 15.65.4.4944 (Latest). Once installed, you can also follow these steps to enable extended desktop mode. Click https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005599/graphics-drivers.html here.

Also, please let me know how you are connecting your laptop to the monitor. In the meantime, I am doing research on any firmware update that your monitor might need.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PLaCo
Beginner

First, Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, the driver download/install did not solve the problem. I do not have the option of selecting a second monitor from the intel graphics page... see below. I am currently connecting from the USB C port through an hdmi to VGA converter.

Any additional information or things to try is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Paige,

I was looking for any firmware update for your monitor, and I found this manual online that says that you need to have a CD-ROM to update the drivers. It seems that there are no updates available online. You can find the link http://us.aoc.com/_admin/upload/32275d6cd66caa157e0269b1a2c20e17.pdf here.

It is also worth mentioning that the HDMI to VGA converter has to be active and not passive in order to carry digital to analog signals to your monitor. Make sure you are using an active converter. Active converters usually have an extra USB cable to get power.

Also, I recommend you to use another cable/converter if possible just to discard faulty ports and cables.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello PL1990,

I am just following up on your inquiry. Please let me know if you need further help.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
MJeff1
Beginner

I have a similar issue with the UHD 620 graphics card. At first it crashed the card when I tried to connect to a secondary display. I had to disable and then reinable it. All of my video playback has been horrible on this machine (Lenovo Yoga 920). I'm SURE it is a driver issue. I tried to download all the drivers from the Intel site for the UHD 620 card. Windows each time would override the installation saying: "You have the most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card" and cancel out of the installation. I so regret buying this machine with this poorly designed graphics card. Is there anyway around pushing the latest driver installation through to bypass the Windows 10 message?????

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mjeff321,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would appreciate if you could provide me with the Intel® Graphics Driver version you are trying to install. Now, if you are still having issues connecting another display to your laptop, please describe how you are connecting it.

Also, please scan your system using the DxDiag tool. Follow the steps below:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
MJeff1
Beginner

Thanks Wanner G.

For clarification - my secondary display DOES work SOMETIMES. Other times the drivers for the display card will just crash and it'll go offiline. However; ALL the time, most of the video playback is fragmented. The true issue is that I cannot update the drivers for the card via Intel's website. In any attempt to do so, Windows 10 always overrrides the installation and tells me that the best drivers for the hardware is already installed. Please see the build version of my current drivers in the requested diagnostic report attached. I noticed there are a few build versions in 2018, but none that I could successfully install on my new machine. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mjeff321,

Thank you for the information provided.

In order to assist you better, I recommend you to create another thread because the issues you describe differ from the original inquiry. Please make sure you add as much information as you can so that we can provide a detailed answer, solution or workaround.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos