Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense D415 Driver Issues

BBerr2
Beginner

Hi,

The D415 showed up today. Plugged it into the USB3.0 port and expected it to pull the drivers as normal.

It could not pull the drivers for RGB or Depth, so I manually downloaded them, and steered the device manager to the location. Didn't work, kicked back an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

So I went into services.msc to try to manually start it but was unsuccessful, came back with a different error that it did not receive a response in a reasonable amount of time.

The camera shows in device manager, but the camera portions of the device cannot start.

I'm currently running Win7 and I'm guessing that has something to do with it. I'm going to try to find a Win10 box to test on, but has anyone else had this issue? Maybe something I'm missing?

Thanks,

-Bob

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Although the 400 Series camera works with any Intel or ARM processor, Windows 10 is recommended as the minimum Windows version.

0 Kudos
BBerr2
Beginner

Tried it on a second Win7 computer (work laptop)

Same issue.

I'm thinking the driver support does not work with Win7. I may have a chance to try it with a Win10 box shortly.

When I do I'll report back if it worked. Someone else will no doubt run into the same issue.

Thanks

-Bob

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The minimum for RealSense since its launch in 2014 has always been Windows 8.1. The new SDK 2.0's spec says it can work with 8.1, though without the hardware sync function. I believe Win7 lacks some function in its architecture that was only available from Windows 8 onwards.

There are a few legends about rare cases where RealSense was got to work with Win7, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Like this case:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41509826/intel-realsense-cam-on-win-7 windows 7 - Intel realsense cam on win 7 - Stack Overflow

0 Kudos
BBerr2
Beginner
0 Kudos
BBerr2
Beginner

Tried it out on a Win10 Minix Box... seemed to load the drivers just fine.

Answer: If you're running Win 7, it wont work in factory trim.

Solution: Easy way out upgrade to Win 10. Hard way I'd imagine would require coding and modifications of the drivers.

Thanks Marty for the help.

-Bob

0 Kudos