Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Synchronously recording/playing depth data from multiple cameras

MMend10
Beginner

Hi, after reading plenty about the available examples, I've been trying my hand at recording simultaneously from multiple cameras for future synchronous playback.

Right now, I cannot get rid of delay when playing back from "rosbag" files. I have attempted several solutions.

I am currently attempting to implement some buffering along with recorded delay to somehow hackishly playback the files in sync.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm reminded of how old original PlayStation music games from the end of the 90's had trouble reading upcoming data in a song without it buffering, because the music had to adapt to great, good and bad versions of it depending on how well the player was doing with their inputs. and the data couldn't be read from the CD as fast as it could if it was on a hard drive or cartridge. The developer's solution was to 'read ahead' on the CD whilst the current position of the track was playing so that the data would be ready to play without delay when that section of the song was reached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixIc6DTJwc [HD] Um Jammer Lammy: Final Stage (Lammy & Parappa) - YouTube

0 Kudos
ACamp20
Beginner

Did you try to sync the time stamp of the cameras ?

0 Kudos