Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Cs-tutorial-1-deph from SKD 2.0 D435 (realsense2.dll)

HH_
Beginner

hello all,

i would like find a tutorial for beginner to use my D435 in vb.net or C# .

i've downloaded & install SDK 2.0 from https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/distribution_windows.md librealsense/distribution_windows.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub (last release).

i can use my camera with viewer downloaded, but when i want use by the Cs-tutorial-1-deph from wrappers directoy, i can't.

in first, i've compiled the LibrealsenseWrapper.dll in BIN\x64\DEBUG from the intel.Realsense.csproject.

And i've found in the directory the copy (automatic) of realsense2.dll from (SDK)

Now, when i open a tutorial project like CS-tutorial-1-deph, the project doesn't find reference of "Intel.Realsense".

i try different method to resolve this :

• delete this old reference (unknow Intel.Realsense) to add LibrealsenseWrapper.dll and realsense2.dll. But realsense2.dll can't be added because i've a message : "Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component."
  • So i try to undersant why i can't insert this reference, and i try put it in system32 + regsvr32 => doesn't work
  • in project, i insert code in post build event : xcopy/y "$(ProgramFiles)\Intel Realsense SDK 2.0\bin\x64$(PlatformShortName)Realsense2.dll" "$Outdir)"

i don't know how can i reference realsense2.dll in the project.

i've no idea to continue...can you help me, please?

thank's a lot.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Once you have obtained realsense2.dll by downloading the SDK 2.0, the next stage in the instructions is:

"Next navigate to /wrappers/csharp and open Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln with Visual Studio. Press Ctrl + Shift + B to build the solution."

Have you done this, please?

0 Kudos
HH_
Beginner

Thank you Marty to help me

In first, it's possible we don't have same files downloaded because the in the directories wrappers/csharp/ (from librealsense-master i've found in Github), i' haven't got the file Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln.

I've just a project file and not a solution project like you. Actualy with my files downloaded, i can just open the intel.Realsense.csproj and generate the lirealsenseWrapper with a copy (automatic) of realsense2.dll in bin/x64/Debug.

Can you confirm me where you have find Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln ?

i know just this link to access wrapper/csharp for Realsense D435 : https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense GitHub - IntelRealSense/librealsense: Intel® RealSense™ SDK

i hope it's just a problem of files.

Thank's

0 Kudos
HH_
Beginner

i've found another package librealsense-2.10.0.

With this, i happy to find the same file .sln like you.

I've build the solution and open tutorial 1 or 2, both projects have found all reference.

But when i build, and debug that stop at lign 13: NativeMethods.rs2_keep_frame(m_instance.handle);

with message in french : impossible de trouver le point d'entree 'rs2_keep_frame' dans la dll 'realsense2

with my first package, i've also this error when i've replaced the Intel.Realsense (without reference) by the librealsenseWrapper.dll generated.

have you an idea about?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I had just written a guide to explain about how to find the file in the latest SDK version's source code package, but you got there first before I could post the message. I'm just happy you found it.

I don't know about those errors, so will have to do further research.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The documentation says this about rs2_keep_frame:

"This function can be used to preserve specific frame for longer processing. Calling it signals the intention to not return this frame to the pool within next 100ms."

The rs2_keep_frame was only added to the SDK a couple of versions ago. So I would make sure that you are using the realsense2.dll from the latest SDK version to make sure that the rs2_keep_frames instruction is supported in the dll you are using.

0 Kudos
HH_
Beginner

Thank you really Marty

my version of SDK was dowloaded last month and a release is avalaible now.

Sorry for the derrangement, and 1000 merci

the Bird can fly itself now !
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I was glad to be able to help. Bonne chance!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to build the c# wrapper from the GitHub c# wrapper project but with no success.

I get the following errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error The command "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\\copy_dependencies.bat x64 Debug "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\" "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\"" exited with code 9009. Intel.RealSense

I already installed the most recent sdk (2.10.1). I've found the realsense2.dll.

Any help?

Thanks

Vinícius

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your problem sounds similar to the user above who had trouble when they compiled x64/ debug. The procedure I recommend following is:

1. Downloading the latest RealSense SDK to get RealSense2.dll. You have already done this step.

2. Navigate to /wrappers/csharp and open Intel.RealSense.SDK.sln with Visual Studio. Press Ctrl + Shift + B to build the solution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I did both steps but in the last one I can't build the project.

Error The command "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\\copy_dependencies.bat x64 Debug "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\" "C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\"" exited with code 9009. Intel.RealSense

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\LibrealsenseWrapper.dll' could not be found cs-tutorial-2-capture C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\cs-tutorial-2-capture\CSC 1 Active

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\bin\x64\Debug\LibrealsenseWrapper.dll' could not be found cs-tutorial-1-depth C:\Users\User_Lab\Desktop\Intel RealSense C# \librealsense\wrappers\csharp\cs-tutorial-1-depth\CSC 1 Active

Thanks,

Vinícius

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The severity error is generated by Visual Studio, and Error 9009 means that a file's path cannot be found by Visual Studio. The error can sometimes be caused by having a space somewhere in the path name.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I managed to build it.

I removed the following pre-build command that run the batch file.

Then I copied the realsense2.dll to the bin/x64/Debug folder.

Finally Ctrl+Shift+B command on VS.

Thanks,

Vinícius

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome news! Thanks so much for the feedback in case others have a similar problem. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
DZamu
Beginner

Hello, i can run successful the cs-tutorial-1-depth, but for the cs-tutorial-2-capture VS give me this exception

Frame didn't arrived within 5000 rs2_pipeline_wait_for_frames

Can anyone help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A waiting for frames error can indicate that there is an issue with reliable detection of the camera by the computer. This can be due to an instability in the supply of power to the USB port Have you tried the camera in a different USB 3.0 port if you have one?

0 Kudos
DZamu
Beginner

Well now happen something interesting

I have switched the usb 3.0 port and the example run perfectly! But alter to stop the debugin and run it again it returned the same exception, then i go back to the first port but now the two port give the exception

0 Kudos
DZamu
Beginner

Even with the Intel RealSense Viewer start well the RGB camera, depth and infrared, but for the VS solution i still geting the:

System.Exception: 'Frame didn't arrived within 5000

rs2_pipeline_wait_for_frames(pipe:000000001CE9BA20)'

This only work the first time i run it after startup the pc, The RealSense Viewer work ever so i think maybe is not a problem of the power suply, maybe a problem of resources release?

Also i was trying to add the two reference in a new proyect (i installed the lasted release of the SDK) as said in the github; for Intel.RealSense.dll there is no problem, but when i try to add realsense2.dll it returned:

realsense2.dll could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accesible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The thread linked to below suggests a workaround for 'Frame didn't arrived within 5000' - calling hardware_reset() at the start of a script.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/1086 Frames didn't arrive error - after improper shutdown · Issue # 1086 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos