Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

HD 630 resolution not properly restored

MKlie
Beginner

Hi,

I just bought a Dell Vostro 3268 PC, with Intel i7 7700 processor (HD 630 graphics, Windows 10 Pro), which I use with my previous LG M2380A monitor with a standard 1920 x 1080 resolution (HDMI connection).

My point is that sometimes when I switch the monitor off and then on again (while the computer remains on), it will come back in a strange resolution - it will look like the image was a little bit "zoomed", cutting off the borders of the screen, vertically and horizontally. Monitor info reports 1080p mode (which is its standard).

Changing and restoring the resolution through Window's control panel doesn't help. When restarting the PC, it gets back to normal.

Does anybody have any clue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mkliemann,

I understand that you are having problems with the resolution of the system when you switch off the monitor and then back on again.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, if possible can you please attach the system to a different monitor and attempt to switch off and on again? This is for testing purposes and to determine what could be the problem.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MKlie
Beginner

Follows the report of DxDiag.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mkliemann,

Thank you for your response,

Upon review of the information that you have sent I was able to see that the graphics controller driver is outdated. I would like to first start with a driver update as the first step of troubleshooting.

Please download the ".zip" file from the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=98909 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=98909

Once the file is downloaded please follow the next steps:

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

After this is done, please try and see if the resolution is still giving you problems.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MKlie
Beginner

This solved the problem.

Thank you.

(By the way, isn't Windows supposed to update these drivers automatically?)

0 Kudos