Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

opengl after effects (elements plugin) intel hd 520

gm1
Beginner

Hola, llevo un mes con este problema, cuando intentando resolver este problema y no hay manera. cuando intento aplicar el efecto element en after effects me da el siguiente error:

"failed to initialize opengl"

mi tarjeta grafica es la intel hd 520 en un acer aspire s5-371

Como he dicho he probado de todo, tengo el ultimo driver de intel, he actualizado todo con acer. Despues de muchas y muchas vueltas no he conseguido nada, bueno si , tuve que formatear el ordenador pq despues de tanto trastear y modificar e instalar drivers, se volvio loco.

los datos que tengo son:

- directx 12 tiene incompatibilidades ya que muchos programas todavia no lo usan y el dx 11 no aparece por ningun lado, pasa a usar directamente el directx 9

- según el "opengl hardware capability viewr" esta tarjeta (intel hd 520) no esta en su base de datos, a parte que es incompatible en numerosos parametros.

por favor ponganse deacuerdo en intel con los desarrolladores de opengl para que incluyan esta tarje en su base de datos.

- con adobe dimension tambien tuve problemas de incompatibilidad, pero lo solucione aumentando vram con pghhd

- cuando ejecuto el gpusniffer de after effects me dice que

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files>aegpusniffer

LoadLibrary "n" failed!

LoadLibrary "n" failed!

Using DXGI: Device: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 520" has dedicated video RAM (MB): 1298 and has shared video RAM (MB): 3148 (Total: 4446 MB)

a ver si es posible solucionar el problema del opengl en su proxima actualizacion, ya que tambien falla por lo que he leido en autocad.. no solo hay que dedicar esfuerzos en juegos, tambien hay gente que usa el ordenador para otras cosas...

Hello, I have been with this problem for a month, when trying to solve this problem and there is no way. when I try to apply the element effect in after effects I get the following error:

"failed to initialize opengl"

my graphics card is the intel hd 520 in a acer aspire s5-371

As I said I've tried everything, I have the latest intel driver, I've updated everything with acer. After many and many laps I have not achieved anything, well yes, I had to format the PC pq after so much fiddling and modify and install drivers, it went crazy.

The data I have are:

- directx 12 has incompatibilities since many programs still do not use it and the dx 11 does not appear anywhere, it goes directly to use directx 9

- according to the "opengl hardware capability viewr" this card (intel hd 520) is not in its database, which is incompatible in many parameters.

please make an agreement in intel with the developers of opengl to include this card in your database.

- with adobe dimension I also had incompatibility problems, but solve it by increasing vram with pghhd

- When I run the after effects gpusniffer he tells me that

C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe After Effects CC 2018 \ Support Files> aegpusniffer

LoadLibrary "n" failed!

LoadLibrary "n" failed!

Using DXGI: Device: "Intel (R) HD Graphics 520" has dedicated video RAM (MB): 1298 and has shared video RAM (MB): 3148 (Total: 4446 MB)

to see if it is possible to solve the problem of the opengl in its next update, since it also fails because of what I read in autocad .. not only have to dedicate efforts in games, there are also people who use the computer for other things ...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello moma,

I understand that your HD Graphics 520 integrated graphics are not properly working with the software Adobe After Effects.

Regarding this, first if the unit does not appear as supported then that means that it will not work properly. Also, the OpenGL that is in the system cannot be upgraded. There is no way to do so since it is already upgraded to the best it can handle.

There may be new drivers and they will address issues that could be affecting the performance, nevertheless if it is not supported it will not be turned into a supported one.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello moma,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
gm1
Beginner

Hi David,I want to say with my first message is that there are many users with laptops with the intel HD520. we already know that it is not a superpower card, but it must be enough to work with after effects in normal mode or with autocad in basic operations. the problem is that it does not work because incompatibility problems, not because it is not powerful for it. it's a shame that a brand like intel can not compete with nvidia or amd, since cards of the same intel performance are compatible and intel is not. for example opengl does not include in its databases compatibility with intel, adobe does not consider compatibility with intel. This is what I mean, it is a bad brand strategy.

sorry for my english and thanks for you replay

regards,

GMM

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello moma,

Thank you for your response,

I quite understand your position and opinion, however, the version of OpenGL cannot be upgraded and if the OpenGL version currently used with the Intel ® HD Graphics 520 is not working with the software there is no upgrade that could fix that problem.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello moma,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos