Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

How do you remove plastic insert in toolless drivebay

RCohe7
New Contributor I

I can't believe I have to ask this, but I can't figure it out and can't find any documentation. Our new Wolfpass servers came with 8 tool less 2.5 inch drivebays, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how I am supposed to remove the plastic inserts in the drive bays so I can actually use them. There really should be a diagram on the cover because it is certainly not intuitive how you get these things out. Where there normally would be the 4 screws, there are four little pieces of metal that look like they are supposed to be pressed, but how would someone press all 4 at once? This seems really stupid and I'll probably feel stupid when I find out the answer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Alright this is really is as dumb as I thought. Apparently you just pull the sides of the bay apart until you can remove the plastic. I thought I was going to break it by doing that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RCohe7
New Contributor I

Alright this is really is as dumb as I thought. Apparently you just pull the sides of the bay apart until you can remove the plastic. I thought I was going to break it by doing that.

0 Kudos