Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Looking for an older driver with gamma control

CGott1
Beginner

I, like many others, sorely need the gamma control back on the control panel. I know its not gonna happen for a while so until then, i want to go back to an older version of the driver that has it.

Last time i accidentally upgraded i simply roll-backed the driver using windows Properties panel in the Device Manager for my integrated graphics. However upon upgrading to Creator's Update, i no longer have that option, and ive had issues trying to manually install drivers (something something dont have min specs), including ones i thought were general intel graphics drivers. Maybe im just looking in the wrong places. Can anyone help me out?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What processor model number?

Which graphics?

We assume Windows 10.

Provide more information and one of the intel support staff can help.

Doc

0 Kudos
CGott1
Beginner

Processor: Intel Core i5-6300HQ

Graphics: HD Graphics 530

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, everyone!

gatchi: Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

First of all, I would like to share with you that in newer versions of the Intel® HD graphics drivers, this option is automatically set by the controller as your system requires to nonetheless if you would like to get older drivers were you can control this feature please go the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530 Intel® Download Center. You will only need to filter the search by the operating system you are using and download the .zip file. To manually install the drivers please use this steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Please note that the drivers I am sharing with you are generic drivers and some features might or might not be available for your system, we always recommend first to use the drivers provided by your system manufacturer.

Please share with us the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
CGott1
Beginner

Everything went smoothly and as expected. Functionality is back. You guys are a lifesend. Thanks a bunch.

0 Kudos