Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSenseSR300 doesn't work color and depth in same time

tarig
Beginner

hi, I'm developing image processing with realsense sr300.

I'm not good at English, so maybe my English is strange, sorry.

I developed with Windows 10 Pro(threshold 2) and it succeeded before.

Now, I use Windows 10 home (redstone3) and it doesn't work.

When I use either color or depth, it works well but when I use both color and depth, it stop.

The using program is same.

My program's error is "sample->depth is nullptr".

Maybe, AcquireFrame() doesn't work well.

It stops too when I use RealSenseViewer ver.2.10.0.

Do you have any solutions ?

If you need more informations, please ask me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ato0520,

Thanks for posting in the RealSense community.

What is the Windows built of your Windows 10 home?

Have you connected the camera to a different computer? Does the camera work after connecting it to the other computer?

Are you using SDK 2.0? or are you using the Legacy SDK?

Can you please attach a screenshot of your device manager with the Imaging Devices and Cameras tab expanded?

I will be waiting for this information in order for me to have a better understanding of the issue.

Best Regards,

Juan N.

0 Kudos
tarig
Beginner

Hi, Juan N.

Thank you for your response!

Is windows build OS build?

OS build is 16299.248.

RealSenseSR300 work on another computer that is WindowsPro ver. 1607 OSbuild 14393.1358 well.

I use Intel.RealSense.Viewer.

I past the propaty and device manager in Japanese.

Imaging device is "イメージング"デバイス" and Camera is "カメラ" in Japanese.

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth, Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Virtual Driver and Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 RGB are connected.

I'm waiting your help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A new method was posted a day ago by Intel Support to try to get SR300 cameras to work with Windows.

0 Kudos
tarig
Beginner

Hi, MartyG

Thank you for your response.

I did the method in the URL but color and depth of realsenseSR300 don't work in same time.

The driver is latest version now.

thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I read your original message wrong. I thought that the camera was not working in Windows at all. I see now that your problem is that the camera works with color or with depth, but not both depth and color at the same time. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I guess that your program was originally written in SDK 2.0 when you were using Windows 10 Pro Threshold 2?

0 Kudos
tarig
Beginner

Hi. MartyG

Thank you for reading my question.

When I use Windows10Pro Redstone1 (not Threshold 2) OSbuild 14393.1358, I use SDK2.10.0.0 and program work successfully.

When I use Windows10Home Redstone3 OSbuild 16299.248, I use SDK2.10.0.0 and program don't work successfully.

I use original program written in SDK2.0 with both of OS.

I use newer(?) SDK in https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases Releases · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub but SR300 don't work color and depth in same time.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
tarig
Beginner

I found similar question on .

When I change USB port, SR300 works well.

I can get color and depth image in same time but the program stop in a few minuites.

Error is sample->color or sample=>depth becomes nullptr.

When I use SDK2.0, it stops too.

The time to stop is defferent in each case.

In adition, another error pattern is that the camera continues to work but console (characters like processing time and depth distance etc...) showing stop.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you update your SDK please to the newest 2.10.1 version and see if that helps with your problems? Thank you.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/Release-Notes Release Notes · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

0 Kudos
tarig
Beginner

Hi, MartyG.

Thank you for your advice.

I use SDK 2.10.1, but realsense didn't work.

It stops after working about 1 minuites.

Should I wait that Intel publishes newer SDK version?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I read through your case from the very beginning again to remind myself of its details. I noted that you said that you could use color or depth on their own, but had problems when streaming color and depth together. there was a known issue with SDK 2.0 in Windows dating back to October 2017:

"Windows - Soft stability issue: start-stop test hangs when RGB and Depth running together after hundreds of cycles (DSO-6930)"

That known issue's code number was never listed in the release notes of later SDK 2.0 versions as having been fixed. So I wonder if that is the problem you are having. The nature of the problem - hanging after hundreds of cycles - would explain why your problem happens after different time periods.

0 Kudos