Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Newbie Question: How do I get my SR1530AH server to output to a screen?

TCour4
Beginner

Hi,

I'm sorry for this newbie question. I got a SR1530AH Intel server (at least, that's what I grasp from the labels) for 25 euro and I'm trying to get it set up. How do I connect it to a screen, so I can configure it and see what I'm doing? I know basically nothing about this server. If it helps, I can post pictures of the labels, though they are a little faded.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TCour4
Beginner

I've tried this, which seemed most obvious:

1) Connect a VGA cable between my screen and the server.

2) Connect the power cable to the server.

3) Turn on the server using the power button at the front.

But nothing shows up on screen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Theo,

You can connect your monitor to the VGA connector located on the back.

You can check more information on page 5 of the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s3000ah/sb/d77400004_sr1530ah_tps_1_3.pdf Technical Product Specification

For the specifications of your board please check https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s3000ah/sb/d59196002_sr1530ah_user_guide_11_06_06.pdf here.

Finally, try to test your system with the minimal system configuration ( processor, server board, one memory stick) and check if the problem continues.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
TCour4
Beginner

Hi,

I have already tried connecting to my monitor with the VGA ports and a cable.

I don't think that anything has been changed about my configuration, but I don't know as I got it second-hand.

Why would I need a memory stick? Shouldn't it work without one? Doesn't it already have a hard drive? If not, what should I put on the memory stick and which port should I connect it to?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We recommend testing the system with just memory stick for diagnostic purposes, connect the memory stick on the DIMM closest to the processor.

Make sure that the memory that you are using is either DDR2 533/667 MHzECC or non-ECC unbuffered memory, your system supports up to 8GB of memory.

Additionally, you can test your system without memory and you should get 3 long beeps, this means that the server board is detecting your processor.

The system does not include a hard drive; you need to purchase it separately.

Your system supports these processors types:

• Dual-Core Intel®Xeon® processor 3000 sequence

• Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition

• Intel® Pentium® 4 processor

• Intel® Pentium® D processor

• Intel® Celeron® D processor

Make sure that you are using a compatible processor.

You can check the specifications of your system https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s3000ah/sb/d59196002_sr1530ah_user_guide_11_06_06.pdf here.

Finally, please take in consideration that the Intel (R) Server System SR1530AH is an end of interactive support product and we have limited documentation.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos