Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

rapid storage technology

idata
Employee

Hi intel. A month ago i bought a new computer acer swift 3 which already has intel rapid technology. I dont know what this apps do but everytime i start my computer it says it will protect my data. So i kicked create button, and my D drive is gone. I do store all my files in D. I cannot access to my files, even cannot find my D. So i bought my conputer to seller but they cant fix it and opened (or unlocked) all my computer without my consent. Its brand new and expensive one, and there was no technical problems unless my D is gone. Plase tell they do really how unlock and check my hard drive?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sainaa,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue that you have been experiencing when using our Intel® Rapid Storage Technology tool, I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

As well can you please provide us with screenshots/pictures of what you see on the screen in order to help you describing the behavior of your machine?

Please take screenshots of the device manager, disk management and of our Rapid Storage Technology tool.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sainaa,

I was taking a look to your thread, and I wanted to confirm if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate on replying back so we can provide you with assistance regarding your issue.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, sorry for long delay

I haven't yet received my computer from repair because of that problem. They said my problem was solved but i still very sensitive about unlock of my brand new computer.(the notebook was not the

cheap one) I am even not sure the thread your send me will work on my computer, cause repairs said they already ran recovery (taking my hard disk

out) and it is now as it was as i bought it. As i told u before I just pushed the button "create" in rapid storage application, then suddenly my 1TB D drive was gone, with all the files in it. (I am an engineering student therefore storage is very important to me). The next morning my gone to repair service asking for help but after 2 hours they give up and

said we would like to run recovery on windows. I left my computer, and when i came back i saw they unlocked my notebook. I wasn't expecting that. I

cannot see the reason to unlock my notebook just for pushing "create" button. But they now saying that was the only solution, and i can't believe

it. I just want Intel confirmation that wasnt the solution.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sainaa,

Thank you for your response.

Based on your description, the tool that actually "locked" your device was not our version Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) but the computer manufacturer one (OEM) due to the fact the it was already installed and prepared from factory on your system.

Basically RST is indented to run RAID configurations on your system, such as RAID 0 for performance or RAID 1 to create a mirrored copy of your main drive.

Even if you do not have a secondary drive, RST (OEM) could be triggered by a partition on your system such as the recovery partition that computer manufacturers add to their machines, this somehow caused the inconvenience that you are going through by locking your drive or erasing the information on it.

Please accept my apologies again since I cannot be more specific about what happened due to the fact that the description provided, without screenshots of the device manager, disk management, the RST tool or more details about your system's behavior does not allow us to tell exactly what happened.

We strongly recommend you to contact your system manufacturer prior to using the OEM application again or requesting technical support from Intel. They will provide software and troubleshooting that is specifically configured for your system.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sainaa,

I was taking a look to your case and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back if you have any other question or concern.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos