Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

second life crash 3000hd

hkhan7
Beginner

Hi guys i brought this new laptop Toshiba Dynabook, im a regular Second life user from past 6years. But with this new laptop my Viewer crashes constantly. Even in Low settings.

Specs

Win 7 32bit

4gb ram

750 hdd

core i7 processor

Intel hd graphics 3000

ISP with 30mbps speed

Please help. All my drivers are up to date.

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

firecaster:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

In order to better assis you on this, I would like to request some information from your system.

1. Fill out the form here: /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

2. Please provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility report.

How to get this report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report and attach it to your answer witht the advanced edditor option

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
hkhan7
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Second Life (Virtual Game) Crashes when im online for more than 15 mins or if i Cam any user. It crashes frequently.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Toshiba dynabook T451/57DW

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

<p style="margin-bottom: 0.0001p...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provide firecaster, I went ahead and looked for the nearest configuration available from my end.

Found a laptop with Intel® HD Graphics 3000 as well, downloaded the game and played it for around 20 minutes.

While playing this game, I didn't receive a crash, I also left it open while gathering all the related information to the testing performed.

Added you can find all the information gathered from the tests performed, also I added some screenshots of the in game, graphics settings, and temps for you to check.

Some recommendations from my end for this scenario (also added in the file):

-Monitor the temps (Try to contact the manufacturer of the device to see if the temps are ok)

-Try to perform a clean up of the system, make sure fans are clean so airflow is good

-Reinstall the game

-Try to test with lower graphics settings

-Run clean up software, recommended would be ccleaner, remove "junk" files

Hope after following those recommendations you can get better performance from the system.

It is good to consider, for how long has the system being used, how clean it is, for how long thw Windows 7* has been installed in the system (over time the OS can be filled with "junk" files from sofware installation that could affect the performance of the device)

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
hkhan7
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

I really appreciate your efforts, but i request you to visit some high populate area Like clubs or chat hubs. And also Cam/view profile of any user around you.

Find the screenshots to see the difference between populated area and when there is no one around.

Trust me when i took the screenshot of populated area the game crashed instantly.

Thanks

Firecaster

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Alright, not a problem, let me try to get to those crowded places, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So I headed a club in the game, stayed there for a while, it was slow or a little "laggy" but the game did not crash while performing the tests.

At this point, we could try to remove and install the game again in your PC to discard any file corruption as the issue.

An anti-virus software could also be affecting the performance, you could disable it for some testings to check if the problem remains.

If the problem persists after performing those tests, an option would be to contact the developers of the game in order to get further support on this, we have tested this with the same driver 4229, used the nearest configuration available to perform the tests and still the issue is one-sided so it could be related to the game directly, for that reason I am recommending you to contact them.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey I was checking this thread firecaster, and wondered if you were still having the same behavior from your system.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos