Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

DTS Audio Problem HD4000 Win10 64-bit

TBlac1
Beginner

DTS Audio will not play on my Win10 64-Bit v1511 Build 10586.164 with Intel Graphics Driver v10.18.10.4276 from MS. Some have said this is a Intel Driver Issue...is this a Driver issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
19 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Tom.Black,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

It is hard to tell what will be the root cause of the issue; in this case we can try to do some troubleshooting in order to help you solving the problem.

How do you have the unit connected to the monitor, is it connected via HDMI, displayport, VGA or DVI?

Was your system working fine before and then failed or you're having this problem from the moment you purchased it? Did you make any changes in your system?

Are you using straight connection from the unit to the monitor or are you using any adapters?

For example if you are using adapters, instead, I suggest trying straight connection from the monitor to the unit (HDMI to HDMI monitor or a displayport to a displayport monitor)

If you are using HDMI connection, try uninstalling the graphics driver, restart your system and then reinstall the graphics driver again (the audio comes with the graphics driver).

You can download the latest graphics driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25698/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-33-?product=81499 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*,10 [15.33]

It will be a good idea to update the BIOS, please download the latest BIOS version from your system manufacturer to update your system.

Also, I will appreciate if you could post all your system configuration and how all the parts are connected to the unit to better assist you.

Please upload the Dxdiag file and the msinfo32:

In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click OK. A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up. In the window that has now appeared choose "Save all information" After you've saved the file, please attach it to this thread.

Msinfo32:

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

DTS worked in Win 7 32-bit with 3rd party drivers, i.e. CCCP.

DTS sound works on my Win10 64 bit system if I play the videos with VLC Meda Player. Cannot get DTS Sound in Win 10's Media Player or Movie & TV Player app. Makes me think it's Win10 Driver issue!

How do you have the unit connected to the monitor, is it connected via HDMI, displayport, VGA or DVI?

DisplayPort

Was your system working fine before and then failed or you're having this problem from the moment you purchased it? Did you make any changes in your system?

No. Win10 64-bit Clean Install. DTS Audio has never worked. Have even tried 3rd party apps to no avail.

Are you using straight connection from the unit to the monitor or are you using any adapters?

I have Stereo Speakers that I use, so I do not output sound through the monitor. I have my stereo speakers plugged into the sound jacks on the MB.

It will be a good idea to update the BIOS, please download the latest BIOS version from your system manufacturer to update your system.

Done over a year ago. Also tried to install the latest Realtek 64-bit Win10 sound drivers from Realtek to no avail.

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

Attached Files you requested.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Try uninstalling your graphics driver and the reinstall it, please restart the system when you uninstall the graphics driver, you can download the latest graphics driver for your system at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25698/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-33-?product=81499 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*,10 [15.33]

Have you considered using HDMI instead of the display port just to isolate the issue?

If you output sound through the monitor do you get the same problem?

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

Changing sound output to Monitor Speakers has no effect.

Have not considered HDMI since DisplayPort has more features and a much higher refresh rate.

Some one, either Windows or Intel, needs to get their arms around this issue and tell users how to fix.

Can you play a .mp4 or .mkv video file with a DTS audio track on your Windows 10 64-bit Computer that has a HD4000 integrated chip?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, this is a graphics driver that has been use for a long time and it provides audio very well.

I was mentioning the HDMI connection only to do a test and see if it works with HDMI but not that you can use it instead of displayport.

Try uninstalling the audio driver and the graphics driver and then reinstall only the graphics driver that I posted above.

I suggest trying different cable as well if it is possible.

Do you get any audio errors in the device manger?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if our recommendations solved your problem or if the problem still continues.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

There are no issues in Device Mgr. Have attempted to update all sound driver showing in DM, and Windows says they are all current.

No DTS Audio Streams will play through the monitor speakers or the regular speakers.

Other Win 10 users have the very same issue with DTS Streams....they will not play in 10 when they would play in 8, 8.1, & 7.

Installed VLC Media Player and all is well with DTS Streams.

Installed MPC-HC Video Player and all is well with DTS Streams.

The Audio Driver in 15.33 Intel Driver is the same version installed in Win 10 x64

Intel should contact MS and find out what's going on with DTS Streams and advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At this point, I suggest waiting for a new driver to be release that hopefully will solve problems like this.

We have seen similar issues at the following thread that is still under investigation.

/thread/77858?start=105&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77858?start=105&tstart=0

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

This has obviously been a long-time issue and should have been resolved a long time ago. I invested in an i7 Processor, Top of the Line at the time and it cannot handle DTS streams. It is a DRIVER issue. Third Party apps play DTS streams just fine with their included drivers. What gives Intel???????

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I apologize for any inconvenience and we will investigate more on this issue and hopefully a new driver will solve problems like this.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

This is first and foremost a Windows 10 issue. The Movies and TV app and the Media Player app both will not play DTS streams natively. Again, everyone knows this and has been reporting it. There are many threads on MS Tech Support and Feedback Forums about this very issue. I also believe I saw a thread where MS is holding back on DTS support do they can sell Movies with DTS streams through the MS Store and make money. Regardless, I believe this issue will hurt any vendor involved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please allow me to do more research on this and as I mentioned above I suggest waiting for a new driver or update that hopefully solve this kind of problems.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

Thank you....look forward to hear.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm still looking into this issue but I was not able to find any problems with it in our Lab.

have you checked with your motherboard manufacturer to see if they know anything about it? According to the Dxdiag file, you have the i7-3770k processor, correct?

What is the motherboard model? because is not coming up in the Dxdiag file.

0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

Processor is correct.

Motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V_LE_PLUS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
TBlac1
Beginner

Motherboard has the latest BIOS v910.

Windows 10 x64 latest version still does not allow its native video players to handle DTS. If MS fixed this, believe this issue would go away.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately this case is closed as not being feasible to resolve via the Intel Graphics/Audio drivers.

I know it's not the preferred method but I'm happy there's an alternative app like VLC to play DTS for you and others. If you're needing this application to work for you, I can only suggest upgrading your platform to equipment fully supported on Windows 10. Windows 10 full official support starts with 4th Generation Intel processors.

Thank you for your assistance in improving Intel products. Please consider this case closed.

.:Bryce:.
0 Kudos