Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Solved!!! HD graphics 4600 code 43 on windows 10

AKanj
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share a solution of the HD graphics 4600 driver problem (code 43) on windows 10 that most users have encountered.

Yesterday, I upgraded my laptop ASUS K450JF from windows 8 to windows 10. The K450JF has two video chipset graphics: Intel HD graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 745M. After the installation finished, I found the problem of code 43 on both video chipsets.

I then spent time to look around in the Internet and found a temporary solution for the NIVIDIA 745M by using the NVIDIA driver for windows 7/8/8.1 instead. (Note: the installed NVIDIA driver having problem should be removed and you must disable automatic download of drivers from windows update. The method to disable automatic download can be found in http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/ How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10. This is to prevent windows to update with the problematic graphic driver again).

For the solution of HD graphics 4600, I found a solution by lucky in a post of this Intel community. However, I couldn't remember that post. The solution is the use the Intel driver update utility found in http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility. I just leaved the problematic 4600 driver and let the intel utility do its job by searching drivers installed in the windows system. After finished searching, the utility will show latest drivers to update as shown in the below figure. I just selected to update with the first one since when I tried to select the second one, the problem came back. Hope this solution can help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello apichan,

We really appreciate you have taken your time to share that information with us.

Please be aware that our engineering department is working in a new driver to solve problems related with Windows 10 and the Intel® Graphics Driver.

You can see more information here:

/message/320480# 320480 https://communities.intel.com/message/320480# 320480

0 Kudos
MPisk
Beginner

I have the same problem. However, sadly, I am running an HP laptop which does not let this utility update the drivers and the HP update utility says that there are no new update available. I guess I am stuck until HP gets this driver.

0 Kudos
Filip_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi apichan,

The driver You've selected is designed to work with the 3rd Generation of Intel Graphics and not the 4th one

Have You tried disabling either Nvidia driver or Intel driver? Is any of them working then?

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In this case I recommend having Windows updated, if there is a new graphics driver available it will be updated through Windows update.

Regards!

0 Kudos