Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Centrino Wireless-N 1000

RMacm
Beginner

The Centrino Wireless-N 1000 is not supported by Windows 10. So now I have no Wifi. Are there any other options other than retreating to Windows 7?

5 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

northerndancer,

For the time being Intel does not offer support for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 on Windows*10. Unfortunately we don't have any information if this will change in the future.

0 Kudos
RMacm
Beginner

Thank you for your response, which I really appreciate. I have had many problems with Windows 10 and gotten little response from others, so thank you.

Is there any way I can request that Intel provide support for the Centrino Wireless-N 1000?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

northerndancer,

The Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 was launched 4 years ago and the last update for the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* for this adapter was in April, 2014 version (16.11.0) There hasn't been any new release for Windows*10 and its ecosystem as this OS uses technology that is not supported by this adapter. For the time being there are no information if this will change in the future. Windows*10 offers now its own inbox drivers for most adapters. We recommend that you contact Microsoft* and check if they have any available update.

0 Kudos
ljuno
Beginner

Are there any possible replacement drivers that work with this hardware in Windows 10?

Inquiring minds are looking for a workaround since Intel isn't supporting this hardware now...

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

LRJREG,

Unfortunatelly we don't have confirmation if there will ever be an update for this adapter. Currently it is not supported.

0 Kudos